f*cked up tint...

was that sarcasm? what glue?
No, it was not sarcasm. It's not a true "glue", but the tint, and stuff they use creates a glue like substace. Pull tint off, and you will see that the window is sticky. You have to remove that before you re-tint a window or glass.

so your saying it was their fault, right???

What hes talking about is if you had your windows tinted already, then when they took the old tint off to retint them they would have to get the old 'glue' off the windows to properlt tint the windows. If your windows were not tinted then you shouldnt have had anybody scrapping your windows since there was no glue on them.

im def not gonna back down. it's so obvious from the outside //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif the bad thing is that im only 17 and i dont think ill be too convincing. ill probably have to have my dad come too

ya the 17 yr old thing isnt gonna work....hell a 40 yr old thing wont work on me....if i know i did something then i fix it.....but if not and they come in buggin like a kid did a few months back cuz i gave one guy a deal and not the kid.....quote "GET THE **** OUT OF MY SHOP...!" but if they are cool theyll fix it.....if not......sue the **** out of them and give me half for the idea...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.....o and btw....if they had a tint plotter it probly wouldnt happen.....and idk y they would be scrapin the window with a razor unless there was already tint on there...?

What hes talking about is if you had your windows tinted already, then when they took the old tint off to retint them they would have to get the old 'glue' off the windows to properlt tint the windows. If your windows were not tinted then you shouldnt have had anybody scrapping your windows since there was no glue on them.
there was no tint on before

What kind of tint is it out of curiousity? metallic or dyed?
idk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

so your saying it was their fault, right???

btw if there was tint on it before and they cut it trying to removie the substance that the tint leaves behind when peeled....then it would be their fault....usually it has a lifetime warranty.....well if itas from my shop it does.....but if its cuz of the defroster line they should replace it no problem....

What kind of tint is it out of curiousity? metallic or dyed?
and when u say metallic? are u referring to what is actually called deposited film?

or sputtered or hybrid?

i'd probly say that ur tint is dyed though...

Good News //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif when i went today they said it wasnt their fault //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif but should have let me know anyways, so they're just gonna take out the bottom defrost line and redo the tint for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ryanj91

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ryanj91
Lecanto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date