extend cab pick up trucks

15nissen
10+ year member

Wealth of Knowledge
Chicago
hey im shopping for a extended cab truck. nothing brand new. ive seen many 94-99 rangers/ s-10's around with good miles for cheap. i know nissen makes one, as well as toyota. anyone have any experience with them, whats reliable, etc. the main reason it must be extended cab is for a spl set up, and it has got to tow a small boat..... help me out:)

hey im shopping for a extended cab truck. nothing brand new. ive seen many 94-99 rangers/ s-10's around with good miles for cheap. i know nissen makes one, as well as toyota. anyone have any experience with them, whats reliable, etc. the main reason it must be extended cab is for a spl set up, and it has got to tow a small boat..... help me out:)
V6 S-10 2003. got mine for 9500$. 200 HP. i think the tow package is up to 2500 pounds. not entirely sure, as i don't tow much.

V6 S-10 2003. got mine for 9500$. 200 HP. i think the tow package is up to 2500 pounds. not entirely sure, as i don't tow much.
by cheap i mean no more then 5k......***** for me

by cheap i mean no more then 5k......***** for me
the s-10/sonoma was basically the same truck 10 years prior to 2003. 2004 they changed to the colorado and canyon. should be cheap if you go with a 90's model. i had a 1995 sonoma that i liked. had a 4 cylinder, but ran good. the cooling systems seem real sensitive in the s-10's and sonoma's. had to replace the radiator, water pump and thermostat. the rest of it was pretty good.

You're best bet is probably an S-10 or Ranger depending on your preference. The Yotas and nissans tend to have higher resale values so you would have to go for an older model if you decided to get one.

Rangers have a better track record than S-10's as far as milage. They make similar power, can tow similar weight, and are close in speed.

There is more aftermarket for S-10's though.

Rangers have a better track record than S-10's as far as milage. They make similar power, can tow similar weight, and are close in speed.
There is more aftermarket for S-10's though.
i looked at s-10's and rangers. the rangers i think are better looking. i just dont want a truck that has problems....im think a extended cab ranger with the 4 banger. ive seen them for like 3500 with 85k miles. my dad hates fords so thats going to be harder to get approval for.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i looked at s-10's and rangers. the rangers i think are better looking. i just dont want a truck that has problems....im think a extended cab ranger with the 4 banger. ive seen them for like 3500 with 85k miles. my dad hates fords so thats going to be harder to get approval for.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i had way more problems with my ranger than the s-10 or the sonoma.

Buy a Mazda B-Series and lie to him. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Ford Ranger/Post'95 B-Series is proven more reliable than the S-10.

its hard to lie when he works on all our cars and is a die hard chevy guy. he builds chevy race motors...its u all know how ford is never (first on race day) stuborn old man

Ford may not be first, but if the S-10 dies it wont even finsih the race.

When it comes down to it I like chevy better. But who cares when one vehicle by ford is just proven to last longer... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you can probably find an older frontier like 98-00 for that price. depending on whats in it. i used to have a 98 with the 4 cylinder had 150,000 miles on it before i sold it. not a lick of problems. now i have a 05 frontier withe the v6. now this is a great truck

In your price range I would look for a late 80's Nissan or Toyota. Problem you're gonna have though is with body rot. Late 80's Japanese trucks were notorious for it. But, you will have a strong engine that will last forever.

And to the guy who thinks Frontiers are crap....umm, how about no. I was looking at the Tacoma. Biggest deal breaker for me was the fact that the new Taco's have a "composite" bed. Composite=plastic. Sorry, but I don't want my bed to crack if I put anything over 300lbs in it. And there have already been a lot of complaints about the new Taco's tailgates splitting in half when you haul a motorcycle in the bed with the back wheel resting on the tailgate. Metal bed FTMFW!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.