Experts! Please help design my new system. . .

Amp: MB Quart DSC4125http://www.caraudiodeals.com/mb-quart-dsc4125-p-2250.html

$135 shipped

Speakers: Image Dynamics CXS62 V.2

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7173/CXS62-V2--Image-Dynamics-65"-2-ohm-Component-System.htm

$360 shipped

Sub: MB Quart PWE252

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3878/PWE252--MB-Quart-10"-Premium-Subwoofer.htm

$150 shipped

Wires: KnuKonceptz 4 gauge Fleks

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-AK4

$52 + ship

Deadener: SecondSkin Damplifier

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier.php?category=70

20sf for $55 + ship

Theres a nice SQ system for

this

You may not want to listen to us because you trust your local pro...but believe us, most of us have been through enough setups to know what we're doing (well, SOME of us).
I came to this site to be educated. You guys know your $hit. So I will take the word of the folks on this site over what I hear from a shop anyday. You guys have provided me with some great info and I like the suggestions.

I guess I'm looking at a 4 hour install at $50.00 an hour. Plus around a grand for the components. That's right about where I wanted to land, so I'm satisfied.

One last very important question: ditch the rear factory speakers? Put all the power up front? I was planning on two sets of 6.5's, but it seems that might be a bad idea, as the rear will muddy the fronts? Can someone please elaborate on this keeping in mind this install will be a Ford F-150 Supercab with a very small backseat area.

Thanks, fellas.

Don't worry about the rear speakers so much. Keep them running off the HU. You won't really hear them, all they are is a bit of rear fill.

You'll have a very nice sounding system for it. Deadening the doors is a recommendation, like mentioned, but it's also going to cost a good amount if you aren't doing it yourself, as it takes a while.

I was at a stereo shop the other day to get some 1/0 connectors and heard the Mgr give someone a quote on installing sound deadening. I was thinking, you have got to be kidding me. Dood already had his **** and they were going to charge him $280 to only do his trunk and Lid.

I was at a stereo shop the other day to get some 1/0 connectors and heard the Mgr give someone a quote on installing sound deadening. I was thinking, you have got to be kidding me. Dood already had his **** and they were going to charge him $280 to only do his trunk and Lid.
I can assure you they will NEVER get $280.00 out of me for deadening. That said, what is a FAIR price for deadening two doors?

i was quoted at $1000+ to deaden my whole car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

$150 for sound deadener + installing it myself = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i was quoted at $1000+ to deaden my whole car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
$150 for sound deadener + installing it myself = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol, that's insane! I guess I'm not used to paying install prices so I don't know how it runs. I still want to get a side job somewhere getting paid to do this. Evidently, there's money to be had.

Does deadening even make sense given the set up I'm looking at? Isn't deadening more relevent in a big, booming system?
if you are looking into a sq system, u will definitely want to deaden your whole car. its a must for any sq install. the rule of thumb seems to be, your system is only as good as your install. an ok system with a great install will be better than an expensive system with shitty install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.