Experimenting with raw drivers and door pods

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chaotic_Thought
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a set of Dayton 6 1/2's and am looking at picking up a pair of Vifa NE65W's. Now i have a few extra door panels for my truck and was going to experiment with door pods. They will be ran active from my 880prs, powered by whatever amp i decide to pick up, but probably a PPI or small footprint amp.

Now my question, i have plenty of room to do a sealed door pod, or even ported if i really want to put some work into. My question is, can i put the dayton and vifa in the same chamber or will they need to be kept seperate? I know i will be limited by xover points so if need be i can use the HU for TA and such and use the crossover on the amp to lower the high pass so the dayton isn't having to cover so much of the frequency range. I was thinking of crossing the daytons in the 1k range maybe?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.