Experience with XTC foam baffles

Look, if you ain't gonna listen to my sage advice, then FUCK OFF!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/viking2.gif.35c13a457368016b956ccf693af31291.gif

It might of had a solder joint between the tinsel and the VC that could have came loose . Check it with a DMM and see what the ohms are.
Checked the tinsels and they are secure. I dont have my DMM up here with me nor do I know anyone with one. That would help out a bunch huh.

did you see or smell magic smoke? all magic in car audio is followed by smoke
No smell, no smoke, no sound. From working fine at moderate volume to no noise.

when i mention water damage it may not be directly affecting the speaker but the water can cause a "short" causing the amp to send the speakers something that dont' exactly like.
That is the only thing I can think of. The amp still works fine, I have hooked up different speakers making sure that wasn't the problem. The only thing that looked out of the ordinary was a little green on the tinsel right by the terminal. I bypassed that when I took it out and it still wouldnt play. I really don't know what is causing this, but I think im going to send it to Image Dynamics and see what they can do with it.

The XTC baffls are made of a foam type of material.From working on a few installs that have used them I have found the foam is not waterproof.I have even replaced speakers with the XTC baffle still holding water.I wouldn't use them myself.They are a waste of money.Don't your doors have a moisture barrier sheet,behind the door panel?If not that could be part of your moisture problem.

Pretty sure water is not the problem. There was a bit of a green color to the tensil but I bypassed that and the speaker does not work. I am just going to send it back to ID.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.