event is near so what freq should i tune my box.

Participant count
  • Participant list

spl_robb
10+ year member

SD
i currently have my box tuned to 31hz but its a removable port so i want to just do a new port just for the event

box is 11.5 net cuft on 2 18"s subs up port back, does any one know the res freq of a jeep cherokee 2dr.????

i have a vid of the box set up min 1:41

[video=youtube;a-5QGINHaxM]

I like your install. It has inspired me. Im doing 2 18"s in close to the same box but more powa, trunk car. Waiting on the subs to get here then ill build the box. Also those are in my top 5 fav bump songs, lol.

PM snoopdan, he has or used to have a 2-door jeep. I don't remember him running anything other than a wall, but just ask him if he knows what his peaked at with no wall.

maybe they will let you do a little testing and tuneing you said it was interchangeable ports make one thats about 45 and bring a saw with you and shave it down a little at a time till you peak just an idea

Have you tried moving your box forward at all? I know you'd probably have to fold the back seat down to do it, but your port looks too close to the liftgate for spl...it probably lowers your effective tuning when the gate is closed which might sound better for daily, but I bet you would gain on the mic moving it forward a few inches.

45 is probably a good place to start, so I think your on the right track there.

Have you tried moving your box forward at all? I know you'd probably have to fold the back seat down to do it, but your port looks too close to the liftgate for spl...it probably lowers your effective tuning when the gate is closed which might sound better for daily, but I bet you would gain on the mic moving it forward a few inches.45 is probably a good place to start, so I think your on the right track there.

so i did the 45hz port and no gain at all not even 1db, moved the box like 3 inches forward and the same, need to try move more the box bun need to fold down the back seat and to do that i have to relocate my batts,worth mentioning that i am metering with the epic160, i know is not going to be the same numbers on the TL but just to get an idea.

any feedback will be greatly appretiated.

pics of the 45hz port vs 31hz

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

What frequency are you peaking at?
43hz, the wird thing is that i am peaking at the same freq. with the 31hz port, pointing to back my box, apears that the space from my hatch to the box is acting like port lowering the tuning //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ok Gained 1db by backing my box 1ft from the hatch, lets see how i do this sunday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

spl_robb

10+ year member
spl_robb
SD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from