ETON Hexacone Midbass

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

Brand new pair of Eton Hexacone midbass drivers.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

These are beautiful. About an inch of clean, quiet excursion and need very little power to do so. This is the type of driver that allows you to effortlessly crossover very low to your substage.

Link to specs. ---> http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/eton-woofers-6-7/eton-7-360-7-hexacone-bass/midrange/

Price:

$200 shipped, CONUS. Talk to me...

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

DSC04494.jpg

DSC04481.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I like this driver, but the specs kinda scare me. How did you have these mounted? I would like them free air in a door, but that QTS looks like they want a box? Last question, how low can you xover these?
It's a gross misconception that you can't use low Q drivers in doors. The lower Q here is a result of excellent motor damping, a BL figure of 7.8 newton/ampere-meter on just 18 grams of moving mass. Very nice acceleration and control. In addition, if we look at Q itself as simply a function of bandwidth, then by applying the necessary EQ on the low end you are in fact changing the Q of driver. These have the motor and the power handling capability to provide the desired results for nearly any application. How low you should cross will depend solely on your application, mainly power/excursion related.
These have never been mounted or used in any way.

It's a gross misconception that you can't use low Q drivers in doors. The lower Q here is a result of excellent motor damping, a BL figure of 7.8 newton/ampere-meter on just 18 grams of moving mass. Very nice acceleration and control. In addition, if we look at Q itself as simply a function of bandwidth, then by applying the necessary EQ on the low end you are in fact changing the Q of driver. These have the motor and the power handling capability to provide the desired results for nearly any application. How low you should cross will depend solely on your application, mainly power/excursion related.
These have never been mounted or used in any way.
Again, for the questions I'm getting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.