Equalizer

Participant count
  • Participant list
Are equalizers still a good option? Thinking about adding one to my audio system. Does that cause more current to be drawn from under the hood? Does it improve music, really?
Yes, a tiny bit, and yes. They are great for radios with limited eq options, such as a 5th channel output, and if you can only use 2 channels such as my case. It is always nice to change eq settings on the fly, and bass boost for when an amp does not have it and a song is lacking.

Are equalizers still a good option? Thinking about adding one to my audio system. Does that cause more current to be drawn from under the hood? Does it improve music, really?
A Pre AmpEQ is an excellent benefit to any car audio system in my personal opinion. I use one in just about all my vehicles. Very little current draw not even noticeable.You can Increase voltage to a cleaner signal and options to add multible amplifiers also. Example would be an HU of 2.5v with only one set of RCAs can be hooked up with one set of RCAs to the EQ with an increase of up to 7-10v with the option of 3 amplifiers for front , rear, and Low. You can change any settings on the fly at your finger tips to clean up any song. You can get a Half Din for as little as $40 used up to new $50 on up to the 100s.They can be cut into the dash settings, Ive used in between the seats and under the dash. I would recommend one in just about any car audio and even home audio system.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S9CB2FH/?tag=caraudiocom-20
I like the Kicker I have and Earthquake.My Clarion does well also, The NVX is decent but light is a little brigh for me like the Earthquake one I have. The Massive 9 is a great choice, and has a switch to turn off light. All these have been great. I have an older Altec Lansing 2 ch and 3 and both are awesome

You can do more searching on Ebay and prob find a great deal/price on a Nice Eq. You want to get the Preamp not an EQ Booster(majority older versions). You can even find the newer ones with Front Aux and USB inputs, or Aux input on the rear RCA that an adapter can be bought for very little $ and add on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lucero8807

CarAudio.com Newbie
Lucero8807
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views