dbornotdb
10+ year member

Custom Fabricator
Don't expect this to go fast either.

1st up.......SPONSORS of this build.

EpicenterDesigns duhhhh

Street Issue Customs

Torres Custom Paint and Airbrushing

I am still searching for an audio sponsor and a wheel sponsor.

Sitting all alone while I load it with boxes of goodies................

normal_blazer_at_1130.jpg

normal_blazer_at_1131.jpg

normal_blazer_1132.jpg

The heist hapopened at 11:30am........so I had to continue to sling fiberglass and body filler till night time fell upon me.

But I was itching to get to the shop.

Later that day, tear down and cutting.............

normal_blazer_at_6.jpg

normal_blazer_at_9.jpg

normal_blazer_at_901.jpg

normal_blazer_at_902.jpg

So to break it down......... I sling the glass during the day and at night head to the truck build.

Gotta thank Ryan, Justin, Jeff and Nate for their hard work. They have been getting started on it after they get off work well before I can get out their.

Extra thanks to Jeff. He stayed out there with me till 12 most every night and 3:30 am Wednesday night. We get stuff done.

1st night was really just taking the thing apart in the front. Removing the front suspension and cutting the hole over the axel.

2nd night we cutting for the bags in the front, removed the rear axel, cut the wheel wells out of the rear, stripped the axel down and a bunch of other things I am sure I am forgetting.

Another update with Day 3 & 4 pics tomorrow.

normal_shop_shot_2.jpg

Justin welded up the notch, Jeff did the filler pieces and I cut out stuff.

While Jeff did the filler pieces, I jumped to the front to mess with the second alt I plan on using.

I drilled out 4 holes in 1/4" plate so it will bolt to the same place as the factory ac compressor did. Then worked on fabbing up tabs to bolt the alt to. But I didn't have the proper bolts for it so I only managed the plate and a bunch of measurments.

normal_alt_mock_1.jpg

normal_alt_mock_2.jpg

Thius pic is from Tuesday night.

Nate welded a corssmember bar between the nothces and cut a new crossmember for the driveshaft that will be welded in later on.

Other than that, I removed fuel lines and the exaust.

Then we waited around for the 20's to show up so we could mock the rear on those just incase I ever get any.

2.5 hours later, they showed up. So I put them on the axel and rolled it under and it was let down on some blocks so we could see what it looked like before we left for the night.

And of course my camera suks ass so maybe 01xtreme will stop by one night with his camera and I will take a clear one.

normal_tuck_20.jpg

what is the overall idea/outcome behind the build of the blazer?

i always wanted to patch over the rear windows of my 2 door blazer so it looked like a panel truck, then by some crazy act turn the rear from a lift gate and drop tail gate to a single side opening door...like on a panel truck. way too much work for it though.

what is the overall idea/outcome behind the build of the blazer?

To extend my love of minitrucks and drive my wife crazy.

Really, it is to promote my name and work that I do as far as minor exterior and major interior overhauls. Custom work on everything.

I will be hitting alot of shows so the sponsors will be getting alot of push from me. I am not afraid to let it be known who helped with the build.

4 major shows in FL and alot of smaller local ones. Several big shows up the east coast as far as Carlisle, PA are planned when it is ready. Considering several mid-west shows and maybe a couple in Southern Cali. Possibly something in Las Vegas. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

i always wanted to patch over the rear windows of my 2 door blazer so it looked like a panel truck, then by some crazy act turn the rear from a lift gate and drop tail gate to a single side opening door...like on a panel truck. way too much work for it though.

I know of someone who is building just that, only with barn style side opening doors in the back.

i see you got your notch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif its looking awesome right now man, cant wait to see it.

1486642388_l.jpg

well....better than mine anyways LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.