Epicenter

xpl0it
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
everywhere
I was just wondering what the epicenter could do for my setup that I will be installing in less than 2 weeks. It's listed below. Will it really make a noticeable difference in terms of output just by digitally restoring bass?

Some people argue against an Epicenter, most of them have never heard it. I have a BX-10, same thing, and I love it. Even without 'adding bass' it noticeably improves the signal over my 880PRS output. I won't run a system without one, and for $80 it's golden.

Im supposed to be getting one soon. But I heard that it adds bass to songs that dont have alot of bass to start with.

I knew a guy that had one in his van with 4 RF 15s, and when he would crankl on that epicenter, the bass would drop.

Know what you are doing when you hook it or, or it can be very harmful to your setup.
exactly, i had one then i sold it cuz i needed $$...but its a very fun toy if you use it correctly, if not you'll blow the shiat out of your subs.

epic center is nothing more than a bass restoration device... Won't add bass if there was non there to begin with... It restores lost bass in old ass recordings.

And like I have tried to tell many people, even if you don't "restore" or "add" bass, just running your sub preouts through it makes them much cleaner and pronounced sounding. I have tried it both ways at the same 5V, coming from my 880PRS, the epicenter sounds way better.

And like I have tried to tell many people, even if you don't "restore" or "add" bass, just running your sub preouts through it makes them much cleaner and pronounced sounding. I have tried it both ways at the same 5V, coming from my 880PRS, the epicenter sounds way better.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif an Epicenter requires a set of FULL RANGE preouts connected to it, not subwoofer preouts.

epic center is nothing more than a bass restoration device... Won't add bass if there was non there to begin with... It restores lost bass in old ass recordings.
Actually, it does add bass even if there was none there. That's the point of the epicenter. You can make ANYTHING quad out. You pass it a full range signal, and it takes the midrange and extrapolates bass from that full range signal...adds it into the signal and spits it out the other side. I've got one that i pulled out of my car because it just doesn't fit in with my current setup (not looking for excessively loud) but it was impressive to hear in action...i had it on a punch CVR 10 in a custom ported box...2 of those 10's on the epicenter rattled **** off of windowsills in my house when tested. You set the frequency to center the 'bass restoration' and the width of the 'restored frequencys' on the device itself (wide and sweep...the curve looks kinda like a PEQ curve..it restores around that point but effects fringe frequencies too) then you have a nob up front that controls how much the epicenter adds into that area. You can set it ultra low with a small width and it'll just inject viciously low POUNDING ass bass into any song you want. It's ****ing hysterical to hear some 60's music with bass that makes your head hurt. In any case, turning the nob up very much will generally result in horrific distortion :p it's a toy imo, not practical for keeping any kind of sq unless finely tuned and used very sparingly

I've had my epic 160 in for a bit, it was a fun toy. Those kickdrums would smack you in the back of your head. Maybe I should put it back in.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif an Epicenter requires a set of FULL RANGE preouts connected to it, not subwoofer preouts.
It should read just like I said, it makes the sub signal sound better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.