Engine Check Light keeps coming on

plyer3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Whenever I play my sub at high volume for like 10-20 mins my Engine Check light comes on. Autozone said something about high voltage when they checked the code. Running about 2500rms total, 2000 from sub and 500 from speakers.

Any suggestions? I'll probably go to shop and ask them tomorrow.

Whenever I play my sub at high volume for like 10-20 mins my Engine Check light comes on. Autozone said something about high voltage when they checked the code. Running about 2500rms total, 2000 from sub and 500 from speakers.
Any suggestions? I'll probably go to shop and ask them tomorrow.
What is your voltage dropping too????

oh shiit, i still forgot to check voltage while playing. lights don't dim, but my voltage may be dropping. my alternator puts out 70 at idle, and 170 at 1200rpm i believe. bought it off eBay after my stock alternator died out.

will do, don't really want to upgrade my alternator haha. wonder if another battery will help. already have two hc1400s, one in front and one in back.

well, it started coming on after i got my new box custom built. the dude who built my custom box also told me to get a yellow top over the hc1400, what should i do? will get another battery but dunno what's best to get.

well, it started coming on after i got my new box custom built. the dude who built my custom box also told me to get a yellow top over the hc1400, what should i do? will get another battery but dunno what's best to get.
Get a battcap 2000 for under the hood and through the other Kinetik in the back

Get a battcap 2000 for under the hood and through the other Kinetik in the back
that was actually the first batt that i was gonna get until i got a good deal on the kinetik. will get that batcap 2000 and see if it helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.