Efficient Subwoofers

shammyhavik

Senior VIP Member
cali
Right now i'm running two HDS 312's from Soundqubed.

I heard that you can get a lot more output from choosing a woofer that has better efficiency.

An example would be like how you can get a 2000 watt woofer from where versus a 650 watt Sundown that sounds a lot better quality and defined frequency wise.

Since I have got my electrical pretty far up there to run about 2500 RMS, i'm wondering if there a better woofers out there than the HDS312's to make use with the power that I have to offer.

Also are there better amplifiers out there than the SQ2200 for efficiency wise? I've also heard that SoundQubed produces pretty **** efficient amplifiers.

Do you already have the subwoofers in an optimized ported enclosure designed to match your goals for output? This is how you maximize efficiency with any subwoofer, barring the rare sub that is not designed to survive in a ported enclosure.

Right now i'm running two HDS 312's from Soundqubed.
I heard that you can get a lot more output from choosing a woofer that has better efficiency.

An example would be like how you can get a 2000 watt woofer from where versus a 650 watt Sundown that sounds a lot better quality and defined frequency wise.

Since I have got my electrical pretty far up there to run about 2500 RMS, i'm wondering if there a better woofers out there than the HDS312's to make use with the power that I have to offer.

Also are there better amplifiers out there than the SQ2200 for efficiency wise? I've also heard that SoundQubed produces pretty **** efficient amplifiers.
Full bridge amplifiers are the most efficient. Banda, Taramps, Stetsom, ect.

mostly Brazilian stuff

Do you already have the subwoofers in an optimized ported enclosure designed to match your goals for output? This is how you maximize efficiency with any subwoofer, barring the rare sub that is not designed to survive in a ported enclosure.
I'm gonna try a different enclosure tuned to 35hz with 4.3cu ft.. Maybe even two diff enclosures both tuned 35hz with 2.25cu ft each

I'm gonna try a different enclosure tuned to 35hz with 4.3cu ft.. Maybe even two diff enclosures both tuned 35hz with 2.25cu ft each
This my hds is tuned to 30hz and its rare for a normal song to bump in my girls car i have a hx2 12 tuned to 35 and it bumps everything. Didnt realize what a difference 5hz makes but its a BIG difference

This my hds is tuned to 30hz and its rare for a normal song to bump in my girls car i have a hx2 12 tuned to 35 and it bumps everything. Didnt realize what a difference 5hz makes but its a BIG difference
You have to play songs around 25-35hz and your ears will rattle especially at 32hz

I loaded my usb with the right music and my sunroof flaps like mad. I've gotta make a demo video haha

I guess i'll wait and see what 35hz and more cubic feet holds for me.

Maybe wider range of peaking... I hope the lows are as good with the new box

Yeah see how a new box works for you. A subwoofer's efficiency is only one part of the puzzle. You have to look at the efficiency of the system. The enclosure, sub, and the car's inherent acoustics. Careful not to make the enclosure too large or it can sound like crap as well.

yeah man imagine going from 27hz up slowly to 33 then 35hz, even from 35 to 37-38 makes a noticeable difference. I kept chopping that port down till i got the output i wanted lmfao.

Well also think about it. Those subs are rated on the web page at 1200 right so more than likely they handle a decent amount more power. Your not really pushing two of them that hard with a 2200.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.