eD's O or eD's A

ok maybe i phrased that wrong.... either sub is great.... but the O's were made more for sw and the A's will be louder.
gee....where'd you get that from??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif peace

NG

i got that from the edesign spec sheets and webite.... i could be wrong but what are you saying that i have wrong?
The spec sheet of eD? Numbers will straight away tell you how they are going to sound? You're a better man than I...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh, and P.s. they didn't put the word Audiophile next to the A's in their website for nothing.

they're trying to sell subs, so you cant judge the speaker by the word Audiophile being next the the A's.... and yes from the spec sheets i can determine what the sub was intended for, i didnt say how they were going to sound

Well, again, lemme say you're a better man tha I foe just seeing numbers and knowing what kind of applications they sub was intended for. (that means you're like, less than 10 people on earth who knows what the graphs and numbers REALLY mean and equate to)

P.S., Wonder what you would say about jlaine's current year's undefeated SQ install car with his 12A. Nah, the numbers say they shouldn't be, should it?

ok ok,,i'm still confuse guy...help me out but if i want 50/50 of sq and spl. for the A. then what box should i put it in. space doesnt' matter... should i go with seal or port...and can you still make it an SQ system if you go port. like turning the port or something like that.....

help me out here on this issue guy... all i hear of system is from other car on the street so i don't know how spl or sq sound like..

if i'm correct then sq hit how note but don't hit high puchy note rite.. and spl hit hard punchy note but not low note right..

one more question...i have 2 audiobaln in a bandpass and i make the port longer and smalller and they hit the low note really good but they hit the puchy note like rap song **** i dont' even heard them hit all i heard is if i'm playing a song with low note then i heard them..

ok ok,,i'm still confuse guy...help me out but if i want 50/50 of sq and spl. for the A. then what box should i put it in. space doesnt' matter... should i go with seal or port...and can you still make it an SQ system if you go port. like turning the port or something like that.....help me out here on this issue guy... all i hear of system is from other car on the street so i don't know how spl or sq sound like..

if i'm correct then sq hit how note but don't hit high puchy note rite.. and spl hit hard punchy note but not low note right..

one more question...i have 2 audiobaln in a bandpass and i make the port longer and smalller and they hit the low note really good but they hit the puchy note like rap song **** i dont' even heard them hit all i heard is if i'm playing a song with low note then i heard them..
yes, you can still get pleasant SQ if you port it low enough, somewhere in the 20's. A sealed A had been known to get wicked loud too.

I don't think SQ and SPL means highs an lows being played louder. leave that to the filters and box. SPL boxes are loud but get boomy, whilst SQ would have a more definite tight bass beats. (Hope i phrased that right)

Bandpass aren't very good with a wide range of frequencies. On top of that, audiobahns, a brand that has an SPL rep, won't get much SQ out of those. They are loud, though.

So therefore, you can choose to keep your audiobahns and make a new box for them, or you an get yourself an ed subwoofer. The choice is yours. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so what would be the size of a ported box for the 15A and what sould the ported be tuning to to get pure sq like 70/30 and what size should it be and their tuning if i want 50/50

Tell ya what... head over to ed's website (www.edesignaudio.com) and check out their rec box dimensions. THey are nice enough to have a blueprint for their subs. That box is supposed to satisfy both SQ and SPL daily drivers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mdd99

10+ year member
mdd99
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from