Ed or Adire

go with the A, with what I hear, they're great, if you're goin' to comps, you can do pretty good. 12L7's or a 15L7 wouldn't be bad either...

- pe@ce

im in the same predicament and would just like to know is the extra money going to be worth it. Will i even be about to tell a difference (SQ) say if i listened to them on different occasions.

hey steve any dealer that sells a certain brand is gonna say there brand is better because they want the sale so that how it is. I would just base my choice on a dealer that sells on brand and has heard or sells the other.

Sorry for the complaint but its just my opinion.

Originally posted by BassRacer hey steve any dealer that sells a certain brand is gonna say there brand is better because they want the sale so that how it is. I would just base my choice on a dealer that sells on brand and has heard or sells the other.

Sorry for the complaint but its just my opinion.
I don't sell online. So I don't make any money from this ordeal. And second, I wouldn't mind becoming an ED dealer as well, but don't have the market around here for another sub company. In fact, Ben offered this too me when they first started out.

Also, I'm not a JL dealer either, yet I support/defend the W7 all the time. These subs have shown to be on top as far as SQL drivers go. I don't think any sub can touch them. Yet I've noticed that the A series has been hyped a lot, and most think it's on par with the two. From what I've seen/heard, It is an awesome woofer, but is inferior to the two mentioned above. There was a very similar sub out that the owner tried to do the same thing. But everyone agreed that it was a good sub, but couldn't roll with the W7/Brahma. It was called the EVO-R. It used pretty much the same motor, and had similar performance.

Originally posted by SPLThunder im in the same predicament and would just like to know is the extra money going to be worth it. Will i even be about to tell a difference (SQ) say if i listened to them on different occasions.
From what I've heard from those who have heard both, yes you will hear a difference. But I guess the only gain you get from the extra money is a little better SQ. So it's really up to you.

I opted for the 15a for two reason...

It uses small box, i tell you, the box for the dd's is so big and heavy i am rubbing in the back on turns....

and two, it was a **** g0od price...

sspider

Originally posted by mgaidica ide trust eD, all there spec's are based off dumax..
There's a problem with that number though. The Venezualan basket used has a total of 31mm of possible throw. That's when the surround is going to come down and hit the spider. The A series sub uses dual spiders, the top one bumped up 9mm. This means that the sub can only possibly have 22mm of backward throw. So how they got that number off DUMAX is beyond me. That's why I said the Brahma has more linear throw.

In order to maintain a 'safe' load on that amp you should most likely go with a pair of either the e12a.22's or a pair of brahma's. If weight, and box volume are a concern, then it'd be a good idea to give eD the nod, a bit lighter, and smaller box volumes are needed. I do believe the decision was already made to go for a single 15a.22, hopefully you'll run it at 4ohm, or be lucky enough to get away with running it at 1ohm, keep in mind that's right on the edge of the woofers thermal limitations.

The brahma vs the 12a.22. I am FAR from being the most educated in terms of woofer design, and technology, but there are a few facts I tend to hang onto. The XBL2 motor is a benefit, I wont take that away, the idea, and technology is a break through, in more ways than I know, but probably not in to many ways i can personally hear. I've heard both the brahma and the 12a.22's. Both are excellent woofers, but the build quality of the 12a.22 IMO exceeds that of the brahma, woven leads, and over all better fit and finish, and according to eD, the variance between woofers is kept to a very tight tolerance that there previous builder wasnt able to reach(to my knowledge eD's former buildhouse is the current buildhouse for the brahma) if they cant do it for eD, kind of wonder if they can do it for adire(QC/variance issues).

Just curious, how good does a low distortion woofer sound, that STILL has lead slap issues? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Yup, its an easy fix, but shouldnt be needed to be fixed on a woofer that is already more expensive than the eD woofer. As far as the comparison to the EVO-R, yes they drivers are very similiar, however the new flat cone, among other changes have allowed the 12a.22 to do things the evo-r was not capable of. Also, why would that spacer used to allow a 2nd platform for spider mounting suddenly reduce rearward travel? The spiders still have ample travel, and in the 12a's case lock down doesnt occur until the cone is nearly touching the top tiere spider, 15a is however motor limited do the the greater distance between the cone/spider mounting posititon.

Originally posted by ElementalG20 15a is however motor limited do the the greater distance between the cone/spider mounting posititon.
so in other words the 15 coul dbe more then what it really is?

I took into consideration the benefits of having the brahma, but i had to look at weight, the brahma is a beast, i have a tiny 2.0 liter engine, pushing about 100 at the wheels, and even with the supercharger i'll only be at a safe 150 bhp....the added weight of the stereo system plus my 200 pounds is just to much added dead weight. And i could always opted to get another 15 later on if i like and still not really breaking the bank and still keep the box small and light.

and and the birth sheet to the bd says 16XX so i would be giving it alittle more then 800 watts, thats pretty g0od i think, and that way i dont kill it and have it last me...

Quality over quantity..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.