Ed or Adire

Sspider
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Elite
new york
Hey yall... i need help

gonna sell my 2 dd 3512 and buy me a single 15.. or 2 more 12's

i want the speakers to sound **** g0od and get loud enought for me to be happy, the dd's i learned were not meant for sounding g0od, just loud...

i am debating a single brahma 15 or 2 12a's powered by a RF bd1500.s in a golf(Hatch)

i do not plan on exceeding 3.5-4 cunes for the box, sealed or ported... i would like to have the box at maybe 3..

aiiite speakers g0ds, what yall think....

Ed or

Adire...

sspider

or a single 15 a..

but i am looking for more sq then spl so i dont kno if a 15 is g0od...

shine in yall...

shed some light..

sspider

well i dunno, eD's lines are very small box drivers, but a single brahma vs 2 eD's would be about the same. I beleive brahmas and A's are very alike. SAying that ide go with eD cause there subs look flat out sick..

edit - ide say a single 15" A... you dont need more than 2.5 cu ft at most..

Originally posted by Sspider or a single 15 a..

but i am looking for more sq then spl so i dont kno if a 15 is g0od...

shine in yall...

shed some light..

sspider
I'd go with the 2 X 12" A's... it'd be louder than the brahma (suposedly) and the A's are also supposedly very good SQ drivers.

IT would be a bit of a problem about twin 4dvc subs to extract max out of the amp though. bd's are not stated to support 1ohm loads, although some have run fine with that kind of wiring. 1700watts (bd's are underrated) sounds like overkill for a single brahma...

the a's come in dual 2...so i wont have problems wiring 2 of them...

i want to use the smallest amount of spcae possible...so what you think will work

and 1500 is to much for a brahma?

oh ohh, and how would 2 dd 3512b go for now adays?

sspider

Originally posted by mgaidica well i dunno, eD's lines are very small box drivers, but a single brahma vs 2 eD's would be about the same. I beleive brahmas and A's are very alike. SAying that ide go with eD cause there subs look flat out sick..

edit - ide say a single 15" A... you dont need more than 2.5 cu ft at most..
i was liking the single 15a idea more, that way i can give it all the space it really needs, and it wont be to bad on my wallet... but i want to do it right this time...

sspider

my bad about the oversight of the VC's of A's...

As for 1500+watts on a brahma, Josh Laine (Jlaine) is an authorised dealer that frequents the forum and he's said that the brahma would work just as well with 800w in a ported enclosure. 1000w for sealed (2CuFt) I think. It's that way for all subs, really. Max RMS figures are thermal ratings, you don't HAVE to give it all you got for the speakers to reach full potential (or something of that sort).

And someone mentioned awhile back that the bd1500's actual performance comes out to about 1750w RMS max @ 2ohms.

Since the A's are dual 2, a pair with the RF amp sounds really good to me. (Then again, pretty much anything would sound good to an old fool who has dual 10" 8ohm subs with 8mm xmax, feeding less than 250w total)

i'm going to have to give g0od ol' Ben a call to see whats up..i have to see what up, 2 12's are a tad to much, but a 15 is just right and alittle less then 300, i can swing that, but i will loose sq or spl then i'll go for the 12's..

i am so hating the dd's, they need to much space, space i cant give them...

sspider

Originally posted by Sspider i'm going to have to give g0od ol' Ben a call to see whats up..i have to see what up, 2 12's are a tad to much, but a 15 is just right and alittle less then 300, i can swing that, but i will loose sq or spl then i'll go for the 12's..

i am so hating the dd's, they need to much space, space i cant give them...

sspider
If you do call him, ask when he's going to reply his mails...

I sent him an email regarding some business and he's yet to reply..:p

Originally posted by paikiah As for 1500+watts on a brahma, Josh Laine (Jlaine) is an authorised dealer that frequents the forum and he's said that the brahma would work just as well with 800w in a ported enclosure. 1000w for sealed (2CuFt) I think. It's that way for all subs, really. Max RMS figures are thermal ratings, you don't HAVE to give it all you got for the speakers to reach full potential (or something of that sort).
If it helps, I'm an Adire dealer as well.

Basically, power requirements depend on box size and application. It sounds like he's leaning more toward SQ, so I'd recomend a smaller enclosure. But he still wants output, so that means he will need more power to get that output.

Now as for which subs, The Brahma is a better SQ driver than the A series. It has the XBL2 motor which will greatly reduce distortion. Plus it uses a progressive spider, so distortion will be even lower. This has been confirmed by someone who has heard both. Add to it that the Brahma has a little more excursion, and I'd say it might be the best chioce.

Originally posted by Steven Kephart If it helps, I'm an Adire dealer as well.

Basically, power requirements depend on box size and application. It sounds like he's leaning more toward SQ, so I'd recomend a smaller enclosure. But he still wants output, so that means he will need more power to get that output.

Now as for which subs, The Brahma is a better SQ driver than the A series. It has the XBL2 motor which will greatly reduce distortion. Plus it uses a progressive spider, so distortion will be even lower. This has been confirmed by someone who has heard both. Add to it that the Brahma has a little more excursion, and I'd say it might be the best chioce.

Whoops, sorry to have left you out, Steve... I didn't know that you were an authorised dealer...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hmm, confirmed by Jlaine, no less? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so 1 15 brahma against 1 15a with about 2-3 cubes powered by a bd 1500.1 in a hatch which would you choose...

would it honestly be worth paying the extra, wut, 100 or so for the brahma?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.