Ed Bs

abcdefg
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ok what is this hear say about ED being bad i know there is a thread about but im not reading a 55 page thread of people fighting about stupid s***, so what is supposebly wrong b/c i would like to buy ED subs in the future with confidence of getting a good product

abcdefg - haven't seen you around here forever. What's goin' on man?

I really don't have a problem with 'em at all because I have 2 of them myself and I love the subs. It's really all about Ben lying to a bunch of people or something. I don't really know what it's about I don't really care cause I'm fine with the products.

We really don't need another big thread ... so either read that thread, or get your answer very quickly here and we'll get rid of this thread.

- Steve

dustin man, you're online //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

see, miracles do happen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

hit me up on AIM will ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

dustin man, you're online //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
see, miracles do happen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

hit me up on AIM will ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Will do...get off work at 5 EST.

ok what is this hear say about ED being bad i know there is a thread about but im not reading a 55 page thread of people fighting about stupid s***, so what is supposebly wrong b/c i would like to buy ED subs in the future with confidence of getting a good product

In a nutshell he screwed some people over. He also had a lot of speakers come back that were considered user error/abuse when it was faulty speaker construction. There was some type of three point glue joint that was failing on the flat cone speakers. There were also speakers that were not magnatized. There were also problems with him getting parts to build and fix speakers. There was also a problem with him charging credit cards before the customer received the product. There was a high failure rate can't remember exactly what it was from the last thread but I want to say 30%.

I have 2 ed 10's in a sealed box 300wrms each and they sound good and haven't broken yet. I think you might also be safe if you run the old flat cone 12's and 15's in a sealed box but don't take my word on this as I don't know what box type the others were using.

I believe most of the speakers that broke were 15" and 12". His speaker design on the ov.2 and kv.2's has changed and it is supposed to fix the faulty joint problem that was encountered with the flat cone design.

You can give the kv.2's a try if you'd like but it may take a while to get them since it's their new speaker and that's why there is the price cut right now for their speakers. Who knows when the ov.2's will ship but it will be sometime after the kv.2's.

In a nutshell he screwed some people over. He also had a lot of speakers come back that were considered user error/abuse when it was faulty speaker construction. There was some type of three point glue joint that was failing on the flat cone speakers. There were also speakers that were not magnatized. There were also problems with him getting parts to build and fix speakers. There was also a problem with him charging credit cards before the customer received the product. There was a high failure rate can't remember exactly what it was from the last thread but I want to say 30%.
I have 2 ed 10's in a sealed box 300wrms each and they sound good and haven't broken yet. I think you might also be safe if you run the old flat cone 12's and 15's in a sealed box but don't take my word on this as I don't know what box type the others were using.

I believe most of the speakers that broke were 15" and 12". His speaker design on the ov.2 and kv.2's has changed and it is supposed to fix the faulty joint problem that was encountered with the flat cone design.

You can give the kv.2's a try if you'd like but it may take a while to get them since it's their new speaker and that's why there is the price cut right now for their speakers. Who knows when the ov.2's will ship but it will be sometime after the kv.2's.
You also probably want to mention that the "30% failure rate" is not based on any actual knowledge of any real failure rates. Just people speculating with no real basis...

lol...good summary.

Read that thread...all the info you need is there.
Not really. Just the views of people that dislike ED for the most part. Amusingly, aside from accounts of unhappy customers, most of it is pure speculation which isn't backed up by any fact, ESPECIALLY any claims about failure rates. All just numbers pulled out of someone's ass...

Not really. Just the views of people that dislike ED for the most part. Amusingly, aside from accounts of unhappy customers, most of it is pure speculation which isn't backed up by any fact, ESPECIALLY any claims about failure rates. All just numbers pulled out of someone's ass...
Since you have all the answers, what are those numbers since you think everybody else on the planet is wrong.

Care to share the accurate failure rates? We can all agree that they are above average...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

abcdefg

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
abcdefg
Clarksville, Tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date