Eclipse

I asuume you're talking cd head units..I myself am seeking an answer re: their cass head units--I can say this much--my factory mazda cass head unit (Fujitsu ten, makers of Eclipse) has a worn out drive system-it is afterall a 1988- but it sounds absolutely incredible, better than my alpine 7554!!!! The low end especially is like nothing I've ever heard-before it died and I had it working in my car, car audio people used to be in total disbelief at how damnd good it sounded and would feel bummed that their megabuck systems didn't sound half as good overall. The tuner and EQ are equal to the task I might add, suggesting that they used to be a solid audiophile outfit. Best as I can tell they still are (based on amps&speakers), I jst don't know about their head units--for what it's worth, they spec out fantastic on paper (best on market, tied w/alpine). Hope that helps.

Originally posted by dcsoundguy:I asuume you're talking cd head units..I myself am seeking an answer re: their cass head units--I can say this much--my factory mazda cass head unit (Fujitsu ten, makers of Eclipse) has a worn out drive system-it is afterall a 1988- but it sounds absolutely incredible, better than my alpine 7554!!!! The low end especially is like nothing I've ever heard-before it died and I had it working in my car, car audio people used to be in total disbelief at how damnd good it sounded and would feel bummed that their megabuck systems didn't sound half as good overall. The tuner and EQ are equal to the task I might add, suggesting that they used to be a solid audiophile outfit. Best as I can tell they still are (based on amps&speakers), I jst don't know about their head units--for what it's worth, they spec out fantastic on paper (best on market, tied w/alpine). Hope that helps.
I want an Eclipse Cd do you know where I can find an website for eclipse products

Eclipse is what I have been using and competing with for years.....I started out with an ecd412, sold it and it is still working great in a friends vehicle. Through the years they have only gotten better. I do believe that in the beginning if I remember correctly what our eclipse rep said their amps and speakers were made by a company caled gefco who at the time made jl audio stuff. Now I am not sure but I believe that eclipse has gone on to their own r&d team for the creation of their amps and subs. my current cd deck a 55040 has too many features to ever bore me and sounds great. I am 100 percent behind Eclipse high preamp and low line level output impedence !! somewhere around 55 ohm on my unit

Eclpise head units are one of the best quality head units you can buy. I just bought one and it works great. the sound quality is amazing. If you are going to buy a head unit, go with eclipse

I have a question for some Eclipse experts. I have 2 12" SW6200 subs and in the mix of looking for an amplifier. I stopped by best buy and just asked for suggestions and they said find a good 1ohm 600rms mono block amp. so i did some shopping online and i found this soundstorm CR5000.1 and am curious if it will do the job? Or if you have a opinion on something else lemme know. Im looking to spend around $250

This thread is 8 years old.

As far as I know, the SW6200 series subs are rated for 500 watts rms. I'm also going to assume that your subs are 4 ohm dvc models, because the guys at Best Buy recommended a 1 ohm stable amp.

Here are a few suggestions that'll cost you less than $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MB-QUART-DSC1000.1-MONO-2000-WATT-AMPLIFIER-CAR-AMP_W0QQitemZ390093091240QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiopipe-aqx10001-p-2809.html

http://techronics.com/caraudio_8481_Hifonics-TXi1008D-1-Channel-Car-Audio-Amplifier.html?aff=72182

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.