Eclipse vs. Alpine

Ok I've got a little dilemma. I'm lookin to get a top quality head unit and people have given me plenty of suggestions so I think I have it narrowed down to two. The Eclipse cd 8061 @ $1,000 or the Alpine cda 7998 @ $800. Can you guys give me some feedback on what you think is the better unit? Or if you've had any problems with either of them. THANK YOU!

either are great but i would go for the alpine here....having sold retail and owned a head from both brands before (not either of the models however) i always seemed to like the alpines lay out and sq a lil more (that is a seemingly small diff at worst) another thing is eclipse displays tend to disappear if in bright (but normal) light. what do you have in your system? and also you have to look and weigh the features you want as to importance in picking..so in turn you have to ask yourself this either one is way better than good.

thanks for your reply...I guess that I am gonna go with the alpine. I've heard a million and one good things about it so I'm pretty sure I'll love it. I really wish that I could talk to someone who has the thing though, but I believe it just came out cuz now I'm having a problem finding it. But if any of ya'll do have it I'd love to hear anything you have to say about it. And if anyone knows where I can find it that'd be great, too. Lemme know, aight? THANKS! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

my cousin deals car audio and performance parts, and he'll be able to hook u up cheaper that what you'd pay in a store for it, check out his site and send him an email, cuz i don't think the hu is on the site yet, but send him an email about it and he'll get back to you, the site will have the "grand opening" on May 19th, that's also the day of the Import War at Hersey, Pa......the site is http://www.carhookups.com

if ya can locate one a sony es c 90 does a great job.......top the line wise pioneer odr sony z 50 c-90 clarion pro audio, nak ,ect ect would do more than hold a candle to even the f1 decks of alpine...besides that the "minor" diff gained with 20 bit dac's isnt woth 1000 dollars more to get 24 bit...you can only hear so much hell ur human not a machine

I have an Eclipse HU and I can say that it is very clean sounding. I think that the Eclipse HU's all have the same laser on the inside that can read a really badly scratched CD with the same amount of clarity of a new CD. It does however become a little difficult to see in day light if your windows aren't tinted or if your driving toward the sun, then again so do all HUs. uh, I'm happy with the Eclipse. Both are great brands, and I, being one person, can't really say ones better than the other. their both good. I just needed a really strong laser, cuz my CD's get scratched up somehow. When your talking about HU in that quailty, their all good, and really comes down to what functionality you want in your head unit. I'd recommend going through the specs of both and doing pros and cons for both and in the end see which gives the most functions you want. cool...... through my experience in Eclipse HU the CD's don't accept to well into the player, they need to be slightly pushed in to catch the motor that pulls the cd in, other than that, the cd player is awesome, I especiallly like the smart rotary volume control. I can turn it all the way down and all the way up in a flick plus there's a mute button just incase theirs a phone call. good luck with choosing your headunit and remember that it's your personal preferance of functionality that should determine what HU you get, not what other peoples opinions (I mean this ONLY when your looking at two great HU, not when your comparing pyramid to Eclipse). Good luck. Oh, one last thing. I don't think the Alpine has the smart rotary volume control. (I'm not sure....)

-Joon

I owned a eclipse 55060 and I hated it. The eclipses skip when the bass hits hard. Last year the 55060 was the top of the line. I dont wanna speakfor all eclipses but I thought u should know before deciding. Im extremely interesrtedin the alpine cda-7894. Im about to buy it. it plays mp3sandit has a lot of power

whoa, I didn't know that. My Ecllipse doesn't skip at all, but I don't have my subs hooked up yet either. I'll inform you guys once my amp gets in if my eclipse skips and if it has the same problem as BriGuy. I really hope it doesn't. My friend has an eclipse in a maxima with boston Rally's and kenwood for fill and 2 JLW0's with a RF amp and an Xtant amp and he turned his up with bass and it didn't skip at all. It was reallly clean and sounded live, but then again those were bostons....... hehehe........ Well, I'll tell you guys if mine skips or not soon.........

-Joon

I think Alpine is the Way to go. Unless your rich and don't care about the loot. For the extra beans that Eclipse charges for nothing special, you can get an Alpine and still have money to burn on other stuff!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.