eclipse v. kicker?

snick
10+ year member

michigan
i was wondering what would you guys choose. for sumthing that would be loud and hit hard. like you would hear me comin from a distance.

1 15'' eclipse sw9125

1 15'' kicker l7

1 10'' kicker solo x

either of these i choose will be goin into a ported box.

with about 1,500ish rms

l7 easily

I've had bad expriances with eclipses

get a bigger solo, I dont know how well any of those subs would take 1500W

if you got the money, get a 15xxx //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

WTF is with kids wanting to disturb the nieghbors all the time. I see it on here all the time. Anyways as for your question, The L7 should be the loudest I would think but the Eclipse would still get real loud and would sound better, once again in my opinion

WTF is with kids wanting to disturb the nieghbors all the time. I see it on here all the time. Anyways as for your question, The L7 should be the loudest I would think but the Eclipse would still get real loud and would sound better, once again in my opinion
I DONT KNOW WHATS UP WITH THEM BUT I DONT SAY SH1T CUZ I DONT GIVE A **** IF THEY DISTURB THE NEIGHBORS

BTW : I WILL CHOOSE L7 IF U WANNA BE HEARD FROM 2BLOCKS AWAY , JUST LIKE ME.

i dont play them loud at night or buy my house that much. cuz there are lil kids sleeping across the street.

i would have my stock speakers in my dakota, because it is a lease. so i am thinking about adding 2 6x9 in a speaker box and running them off there own amp will this be enought so i can hear my music

I DONT KNOW WHATS UP WITH THEM BUT I DONT SAY SH1T CUZ I DONT GIVE A **** IF THEY DISTURB THE NEIGHBORS
BTW : I WILL CHOOSE L7 IF U WANNA BE HEARD FROM 2BLOCKS AWAY , JUST LIKE ME.
Why are you yelling? See just another example of people being a disturbance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The Eclipse will hit lower notes louder due to the higher xmax and much lower Fs, which FYI are the ones you hear farther outside the car to annoy people. Lower notes travel more. Secondly the L7 is not "louder" than the Ti at all. The SPL at one watt is the about the same, and I would be shocked if the thermal limits of the kicker's L7 coil could match that of the larger Ti coil.

Thirdly, the higher Q of the L7 really tells you it should not exist in a ported box at all. The speaker needs a bit more motor to want to see a ported alignment otherwise it will be boomy unless it is Eq’ed. which is probably why people think its so loud. But distortion is deceiving and I will tell you that distortion will not be heard outside the car because it exists and much higher frequencies which is not really bass at all. The L7 will sound best in a sealed box.

Lastly, don’ t ever buy a speaker because its loud. Loudness is utterly meaningless when you are dealing with high excursion drivers. They are all loud, but how does it sound?

PS: Don't drive by my house, i dont take kindly to noise.

so u are sayin that if i want to be heard outside the car go with 1 15'' eclipse.

and if i want distortion go with the 1 15'' kicker.

The Eclipse will hit lower notes louder due to the higher xmax and much lower Fs, which FYI are the ones you hear farther outside the car to annoy people. Lower notes travel more. Secondly the L7 is not "louder" than the Ti at all. The SPL at one watt is the about the same, and I would be shocked if the thermal limits of the kicker's L7 coil could match that of the larger Ti coil.
Thirdly, the higher Q of the L7 really tells you it should not exist in a ported box at all. The speaker needs a bit more motor to want to see a ported alignment otherwise it will be boomy unless it is Eq’ed. which is probably why people think its so loud. But distortion is deceiving and I will tell you that distortion will not be heard outside the car because it exists and much higher frequencies which is not really bass at all. The L7 will sound best in a sealed box.

Lastly, don’ t ever buy a speaker because its loud. Loudness is utterly meaningless when you are dealing with high excursion drivers. They are all loud, but how does it sound?

PS: Don't drive by my house, i dont take kindly to noise.
That's the problem with book smart people.....it can't be done because YOU say so.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I guess all this time, the meters are actually reading my distortion rate....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.