Eclipse Titanium users....

3.5Max6spd
10+ year member

yo mama no wear no draws
Dirty Jersey
Whatcha think?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How would you describe the SQ capability of the drivers?

What application have you used them? Power? Enclosure?

I'm going to be running a pair of 12's sealed.

(please dont tell me to port them...lol)

Just curious of you feelings on them.

Thanks Squeek....interesting read

Not quite what i wanted to hear, but then again I'm not looking for the 'be all, end all' driver either. I have heard them sealed with a cube each sharing 1kw-1200 rms and from what I could tell they offered clean, precise output and did not behave unruly with soft music. They also can rattle your brains and have excessive amount of SPL (more than I'm accustomed to) when pushed with that power- i was quite impressed. And I have the means the tame them to do what I want, at least I believe so. Tonality wise i did find them relative to my recollection of the Aluminums, but just more sheer output ability.

I was just curious what users felt, as I haven't given them chair time to play with them and play enough variety of music with them. Kinda looking for subjective comments on their sound quality.

I really like mine, although it was not in its practical enclosure. I had mine powered by 750wrms in a 4.3^3ft box tuned to ~24Hz. I liked (still have it, but no amp) it a lot, especially as the time went on and it broke in. It is musical as you said, and plays everythign great. I did have some dissapointment though with a few songs, but I think that can be attributed to the oversized box and super low tuning.

BTW, many, many people will tell you they are super inneficient, but I have proof otherwise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks Squeek....interesting readNot quite what i wanted to hear, but then again I'm not looking for the 'be all, end all' driver either. I have heard them sealed with a cube each sharing 1kw-1200 rms and from what I could tell they offered clean, precise output and did not behave unruly with soft music.

Manny, remember when you heard them that was with one 2500XXK on each //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif as well as a stock HU. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I've been running my custom dual 2 ohm 15" for about a year, and I love it. I've powered it with my memphis 16 st-1000d, bx1500d, daily drive with bx2200d, burp and daily drive with colossus bridged at 1 ohm. Enclosures I've used have been 2.75 @ 30hz, 3.3 @34, TL enclosure, and 2.5 @ 30hz which gives me the overall best response. With the colossus, I've metered 146.8 on music. The TL is usually too much of a struggle to get into my trunk because its so big, so I do it when I'm up to it. These subs DO NOT NEED huge boxes. In my experience, it only muddied the sound and output. 2.5 works very well in my application. Sharp, presice, loud, and low. I havent found anything that this sub cant keep up with. Power wise, like I've said above, its seen some power. This sub handles it very well and stays clean the louder I up the volume (I get nervous). I've actually driven on 5 hr trips with my music at higher than normal level with every amp I listed, and neither gave out (for the brutus haters out there).

Whatcha think?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
How would you describe the SQ capability of the drivers?

What application have you used them? Power? Enclosure?

I'm going to be running a pair of 12's sealed.

(please dont tell me to port them...lol)

Just curious of you feelings on them.
imo the TI's are the best sounding drivers that i have ever heard,

not just cause im running one, but i've been in this car audio stuff for 7 years, and heard many many different kinds of woofers in many different apps,

but thats just my opinion

imo the TI's are the best sounding drivers that i have ever heard,not just cause im running one, but i've been in this car audio stuff for 7 years, and heard many many different kinds of woofers in many different apps,

but thats just my opinion

I have to agree, also not just because I own one. First off let me say that I work at a car audio shop that has had just about every brand of subwoofers under the sun come through our shop over the years, including our ever popular w7's. So I had the chance to get about any subwoofer imaginable, at a premium price through employee accomadations or straight from venders.

After hearing the w7's and several other subs (IDmax's, W6v2's, RoFo T2's, etc..), I decided that the Ti's were the better sounding subs.

So now I have had mine now for a good long while and I am still very satisfied with its sound quality and amount of bass it can doll out when asked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.