Eclipse install help please!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

fooldog01

GA
I have 3 rockford punch HE 12"s. they require 1.75 cubic ft each. I am powering them with a rockford punch 800a2. This is going to be installed in a 95 eclipse GS. I removed the spare tire and am going to remove the bar that held it in. Anyway, first off, I am amazed with everyone here's knowledge. You guys know your stuff. anyway I need to know if I have to spearate each enclosure for each sub to have 3 1.75 cubic ft enclosures or If i can just use one large 5.25 cubicft enclosre for all 3 subs. Also does anyone have any suggestions for this install such as the way to go about building the box (materials, placement, etc.) I am not new to the Car audio scene but when it comes to enclosures I dont really know my stuff. I hear about fiberglassing the wheel well but Am I supposed to make the whole thing out of fiberglass, and how do I do that? fiberglass is annoying to work with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I know this is a lot in one post but thanks a million for reading. I am looking forward to you guys helping me get off to a running start on my install!

I think your name is funny. You know what else is funny? This smilie........:eek: .......blow me.

Anyway, it's perfectly acceptable to have one chamber for all three subs. Some may argue this, but I'm still not convinced there is a REAL benefit to having seperate chambers. However being that the enclosure needs to be over 5^ feet I strongly recommend that you add some additional bracing. Make the enclosure out of at least 3/4 " thick MDF (medium density fiberboard).

Fiberglassing? Well, it's a step beyond the novice install, but it won't kill you if you're good w/your hands and it's a lot of fun. It'll take a little while to explain all of the steps. So let us know if you're really, really serious about it. In your car the biggest advantage would be......you'd save a lot of space (I'm sure you already know).

You've chosen great speakers and that amp is going to power them up just fine. You want it real fuc king loud though? Put em' in a ported enclosure. They'll sound real good and you'll have to pull your dick from the dirt cause it'll be so loud.

the main disadvantage to having them all in one large enclosure is that if one blows.....you run the risk of blowing the rest....its best to run them in their own chamber....good luck...if you need any info on fiberglassin....jus ask...

I rarely turn the volume up. This system is for listening enjoyment and every once in a while I show up these punks with their 2 pyramid 10"s that think they are the ****. Anyway, it would actually be safe to run them in one big enclosure considering my risks for blowing one are relatively low? thanks a million for the help!

hey bean, I am very interested in making this a ported enclosure. If it makes it louder I am all for it. My email is fooldog01@hotmail.com if you could give me a shout. I am not exactly sure where to begin because of the strange shape of the trunk but if you could help me get started, that would be great. also if you think that porting would be too diffucult for me, then just tell me cause I dont mind sacraficing some volume. thanks again!

If you are going to make this a ported enclosure I would highly suggest giving each speaker its own chamber. If it were a well sealed enclosure I would say go ahead with each of them in one large chamber. Reason being for this is that it is more difficult to get a proper tuning done with the port etc... Fiberglassing is an option, but if you are not comfortable with it you can always use MDF to build a nice enclosure as well. If you are lookign for more of a custom look however fiberglass may be the way for you to go.

I would suggest tho if you are only mostly going for an SQ install to go with a sealed enclosure as it can produce a better SQ and still thump pretty hard. I had 4 12" subs in two separate sealed enclosures that blew the doors off of most others. Hell I shut down someone with 8 15"subs a few times. It is all in the install!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.