eclipse headunit

EcOm BiOtCh

LA
my eclipse head unit is doing some weird **** it will flicker lights on the face,pause the song its playing,automatically go into scan mode, turn the volume all the way down....ive been told that it could be a power issue or a wiring issue. please let me know what you think i should do......thanks

well that is weird I have had weird things happen too, but realized the changes in volume were because my remote was sticking and putting out signal, so it would turn the volume up. As for the flickering, on my NOB control, mylower half of it flickers sometimes........haven't figured that one out yet.

If Its A Detachable Face Make Sure The Connection Prongs Aren't Bent, That, over time can create alot of problems, You may also want to take it apart completely, and clean the insides, with Computer Resistor Airisol, to futher the life of the unit.......

In regards to your dilema with that specific model, the problem might be on the flex cable located behind the display assy. This is a flip down display model and most likely that at some point that cable may either got cut or loose during the loading and ejecting cd's multiple times. The lights flickering, volume goes up or down, or other weird display's symptons are all processed from the main board back and fort through this cable. Suggestions: bring it to the closest authorized Eclipse repair depot.

I work in electronis service and sales. It sounds as though you have an internal electronic problem which may be quite costly to repair. I would consider either sending in to the company for repair, or replacing the unit.

some of those eclispes have a cell phone hook up (as do most newer radios) you might want to make sure that you do not have that wire hooked on to something because it would cause it to mute out and might cause the lights to flicker when you run the volume up and down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.