Eclipse CD7000 vs. Clarion DRZ-9255 ....

blue
10+ year member

Since 1982
northeast
Have worked with both of these now , as i just tuned my friends system who owns the CD7000, and have a handle on how they stack up .... There is simply ZERO comparison. The Clarion makes you realize just how much a middle of the road player the Eclipse is , and just how great of a difference there is in a truly high end CD-player.

For those who believ you can't hear the difference in head units .... Find another hobby fast .... LOL;)

you do relize the cd7000 is more for regular/high end comsumers. being that it has the navagation and more features.

the clarion is a no frills sq unit. not to many people buying them.

as for owning a cd7000, i like the features on it more than what the clarion offers.

in my book cd7000 > drz9255

and you compared both in the same system with the same components..? *LOL* How about pics of your friends deck you are comparing? go play around with your uber iridium gonculator infractional tweeter wire some more and tell me what a difference it makes in your viper. Sick of the psyco acoustic everything you use sounds better crap. *uckin getting old man. Only reason your ragging on the eclipse is because you own a clarion. The 9255 is a nice unit but not a godsend. Just another nice deck just like the cd 7000 is just another nice deck along with 400 other models that are out, have been out and are soon to come. blah blah blah. Same bs people had with the 7909 re-release. Now they reproduce this old model with some new toys and you have a boner, good for you. Middle of the road, what a freakin toad you are. 7-11 band parametric eq, individual time alignment on every output, level controls for all outputs, awsome sound quality no matter what garbage you spew. What a crock of @ss vile. You clarion was a nice deck in 1996, is a nice deck now, get off the high horse.

yea honestly i'm sick of you and the fu*cking the clarion. who gives a fuc*ing s*it if whats better. if you think its better, than thats all that matters. shoot you having been doing this since 1982, so you should know whats better anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif. Why come here and tell us members why the clarion is better when none of us DON'T GIVE A FLYING FU*K.

yea honestly i'm sick of you and the fu*cking the clarion. who gives a fuc*ing s*it if whats better. if you think its better, than thats all that matters. shoot you having been doing this since 1982, so you should know whats better anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif. Why come here and tell us members why the clarion is better when none of us DON'T GIVE A FLYING FU*K.
Sick of me ? Don't read my posts then ..... But then again , you do have a right to read them , just like i have a right to express my opinion.

My reasons ? Because poeple who can afford the DRZ have a right to know just how much difference there is. I'd want someone that has experiance to do the same for me ..... And my PMs with people wanting to know more tell me that others do not share your " who cares " view ....

Lastly , why be an azzhole , when you do't have to be ?

I have a Clarion DRZ9255 and I love it, couldn't get this unit from me at gun point (not really, but you get the point).

I have tried the CD7000 in my car, just to see how it was (for the shop I work for, I like to get to know certain products).

These units are NOT in the same category. To me, the difference is like comparing a $3500 Denon home receiver to a $8000 McIntosh Pre/Pro. The Denon does sound great, has TONS of features, and all at a good price. But the McIntosh, well, simplicity sometimes just has its perks.

The Clarion DRZ9255 is the kind of HU that can sound great without having to do anything to it (adjustments). I was satisfied with the CD7000 sound wise after I played with it a little. Only thing I didn't like, and I have noticed this about Eclipse HU's that I have used in the past, they do something to make the highs sound harsher. I can cut the high frequencies via the EQ obviously, but cutting too much mucks up the sound. I didn't have to do anything to the Clarion to get the highs sounding just right, thats the biggest difference I have noticed.

For $700, the CD7000 is a great HU. I really wish Eclipse would have kept it an 8volt deck, if anything, just for marketing purposes. The iPod interface was great, the Nav part was plain gimmicky and shouldn't be a reason for buying the deck. All the sound features are there, like in the past. The knob is kind of huge and a little on the ugly side, but its functionality is great, I actually like the way it works. The display is also one of the nicest I have seen when compared to Alpine and Pioneer. All in all, nice unit with great features, plain and simple.

P.S. My Clarion DRZ9255 is the best though :p

2 diff decks @ 2 diff price points, that are completly different as far as active system flexibility

Theres no question the build quality is much, much greater on the DRZ.

Running 3way active, I'll take the Eclipse for its tuning superiority

SQ differences are marginal at best, and I can get more done with the EQ to compensate. For 4way DRZ is the only choice out there in one chasis, but not good enough for me.

As a source only between these 2, i'd likey go with the DRZ although at that point its simply overpriced and SQ can be matched by a 25th anniv. Kenwood at a fraction of the cost.. But under those pretenses I'd be giving other no frills high end decks a look- naks, denons etc..

As a source only between these 2, i'd likey go with the DRZ although at that point its simply overpriced and SQ can be matched by a 25th anniv. Kenwood at a fraction of the cost..
Really? Under oath too??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif This thread just gets better and better...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Really? Under oath too??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif This thread just gets better and better...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
you evil, evil man...drop the gas can!

you evil, evil man...drop the gas can!
Huh?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I was serious. I was just surprised to hear you say that about the Kenwood deck. Never heard it myself, but I value your imput on it...especially if it can hang with the DRZ at a fraction of the price. Itz alls good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Sick of me ? Don't read my posts then ..... But then again , you do have a right to read them , just like i have a right to express my opinion.My reasons ? Because poeple who can afford the DRZ have a right to know just how much difference there is. I'd want someone that has experiance to do the same for me ..... And my PMs with people wanting to know more tell me that others do not share your " who cares " view ....

Lastly , why be an azzhole , when you do't have to be ?
are you suggesting that people who can afford the drz know more about what sounds good to everyone else? you will never tell me what sounds good.

gtfo with your pms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.