Eclipse AVN6600

Participant count
  • Participant list

saj21187
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ive been using this in dash unit for about a month now and it has been great so far. I have my ps2 and ipod hooked up to it and they work almost flawlessly. The screen is fairly clear, but there are better options as far as screen quality. In daylight it is somewhat difficult to see the screen if you are playing video games or watching a dvd because of glare. The ipod feature is really cool. I only wish eclipse would have made it so there wasnt as much delay between scrolling down through artists, which ive read is a problem among many in dash units. We are talking 2-3 seconds but it still gets annoying. As far as sound quality this unit i believe is one of the best. I switched on older alpine out for this unit and i believe this unit has much better sq. The only downside is it doesnt have time alignment and there is no option for true 5.1 surround sound. The navigation has been very good so far. The only time it has messed up was when i was on a trip to chicago and it couldnt find the holiday inn that had been there for over 5 years( search holiday in for the area and entered a physical street address). The only other negative i have about the nav is the fact it cant search for POI by catagory, only by name. Other than that the reception is fantastic. The only time ive lost a signal was in downtown chicago between very tall buildings and it was only for a few seconds, and this is without the vss wire hooked up also. All in all a great unit. There are a few minor problems with the unit, but i belive its that way on most. This is a great unit compared to any in its price range though.

Well I sold the AVN 6600 to upgrade to the 6610BT. Not for anything that was wrong with the 6600, just wanted to get the new navigation disc, bigger screen, and blue tooth. In the mean time however, I bought an alpine 9857 so i thought id write a short review on it too. Sound quality to me, is lacking. Compared to an older alpine I have and the eclipse 6600 its a definate downgrade. The Ipod control is fairly smooth, it is kind of a pain if you have alot of artists cause it takes a while to scroll through em. I was spoiled by having a screen that layed everything out on the big screen. I wish this one was similar to the older alpines, but im sad to say its not what they used to be. I would go with a pioneer or eclipse deck that is in this price range that offer more equalization than the alpine. Luckily I only have to use it for a short time till I get my new screen:yumyum: and i will write a review on that as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

saj21187

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
saj21187
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views