Eclipse 8445 Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Istari1
10+ year member

Just got this HU installed, so far I really like it - beats my older Alpine 7995 (i believe that was the model). Anyway, where I have the deck installed in kind of low, so having the face open makes it much easier for me to read usually. Problem is that I non of the buttons work (except close) with the face open. Is this normal? Anyway around it? I am guessing they don't want you to leave the face open and this is their deterrent. Also I have not been able to get the i-esrv website to work very well. When I start at the main adjustment menu I pick the 8445, then it gives me no speaker options except 4+sub. Not sure if it just doesnt like Firefox or what, but when I try to go thru IE I cant even log into the site. Weird.

Same thing with mine, none of the buttons work when the face is open. Now for the problem with eiserv, there is only one option for the 8445, 4+sub and you only get to choose simple. With the 8455 you get more options and can independently adjust each speaker. What I have heard is that you can change your cd player corresponding to your username, so just change from the 8445 to the 8455. I have tried this but the cd player doesnt recognize the file when I've tried downloading it in. One suggestion was to change the filename thats compatible with the 8445.

i've wondered this myself-just tried the disp thing and that didn't work but i'm assuming that there's a push switch that disables the controls when the face is open-if you could find it and jam it closed it should work but i'm assuming that it's probably behind the gears...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.