Ebay Prices

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
I'm curious if anybody knows why/how some of these auctions sell for so much?

For example, this used white xbox one without the halo thingy is about to sell for over $800 but it's only $426 on amazon brand new?

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Special-Halo-Master-Collection/dp/B00GLIPNXE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1447038513&sr=1-1&keywords=white+xbox+one

Xbox One White 500GB | eBay

I see this all the time when I go to bid on things, bid on a macbook and it sold for more than new from Apple.

Or like yesterday, I was looking at Black ops 3 and under buy it now it was new for $5 less than the highest bid on the auction side... wtf?

bidding history makes me think people are bidding other people up and i guess people are dumb enough to pay the price

there's a reason why i almost never use ebay lol

It's irritating. But I guess that's life... rarely do I find deals on ebay. Almost always ends up being more than I could buy local or more than retail. It's crazy.

Only thing I got a deal on was my girlfriends macbook air.. and I assume it's because it shipped from out of country and people didn't want to deal with that. It arrived in 4 days though, I was amazed.

It's especially prominent in the most current/newest version of electronics, either shill bidding, ghost bids or fake bids that people aren't actually going to pay for.

I have the exact opposite problem when I sell on ebay, I try and do a fixed price with the best offer option and everybody offers retarded low ball amounts.
As much as it *****... I've always had the best luck starting out low.. more people big and it seems to show up more often under the 'best match' leading to higher bids. I'm always nervous because I don't want things to go super cheap but so far I've had good luck.

Auction style listings are best for uncommon items, while Buy It Now is better for common items with more competition from other sellers and similar items. The auction format still can get people into bidding wars like the good old days, and people can get stupid about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.