Ear plugs

I will need to in my new build, 32 and my hearing is no where what it was 10 12 years ago, It just looks so bad Cause then you get why dont you just turn it down lol

i do, but mine were custom made by an audiologist so they perfectly fit each ear canal and they include flat 15dB filters. flat meaning they don't muffle sound, they just turn it down by 15dB across the board. great for concerts and loud systems. I use them for work also when around generator sets, large screw chillers, and other mechanical equipment. i used them on Friday when doing acoustic testing of a locomotive. they have separate plugs that make them act like a normal closed set. they are super comfortable as well since they were made from molds taken of my ear canal. it was under $100 for the pair including testing, fitment, and filters.

my hearing is pretty good. i had a college with an audiology professor do a 1/3 octave FSPL test from 125Hz-18kHz and got graphs of each ear. very interesting results. i actually administered the test to myself so i could play with level and frequency to find the threshold of perception. i also got transfer functions for each ear. best part - it was free because it's considered "educational". i just did a search for audiologists that are associated with college of medicine and found one in Iowa City.

yeah I have a pair of pilot ones that I was doing when I was doing pilot training now, I got a bit shaken up yesterday, so time to keep a pair in my car, I like the idea of custom made ones though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigd26

bigd26
Toronto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bigd26