e46 M3 head unit help

Participant count
  • Participant list

talds_alouds

Aus
Hi guys,

I'm lost here and I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I got an e46 M3 Euro spec.

I have the factory Harman Kardon upgrade.

I have factory wide-screen nav.

These are the two plugs I got at the back of my nav (http://i57.tinypic.com/dzgnm9.jpg)

I tried to install the PB7646BAP yesterday and forgot to check which plugs my nav took.

I'm getting conflicting information. Some people saying that the HK upgrade is not DSP, others saying it is. Some people are saying this will not work with HK, others people/documents saying it will.

I don't know if I need:

- CT53-BM01

- EXL007

- EXL005

Or none of these. The specs of PB7646BAP says that both EXL005 and EXL007 are compatable (but I'm not sure which one I should use).

EXL005 says that if you got HK upgrade, you can use CT53-BM01.

EXL007 says the same as EXL005 +

"Male Connectors: if there is DSP (Digital Sound Processing) button in your factory radio, or your car has digital sound system, then you need to connect these male connectors to have the sound system works."

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.