Dynaudio are good sq or not

He is serious and I agree with him.

And yes those Dyn's sound great. Great midbass. They were near the top of my short list the last time I was shopping for comps.

Why would I not be serious ?
Well i would think it's been proven all amps do not sound the same and it's been proven fact. And it actually blows my mind peaple think they all sound the same. Proof? Well some amplifiers are known to clip with lower ohm speakers, proof their the quality is not up to snuff. Also it's very evident in home theater receivers that they do all not sound the same. Every amplifier made by different companys all sound differnt to some degree. Obviously you wont win any competitions running KRACO amplifiers for SQ. And moms kenwood or sony receiver wont be on the level of SQ as a rotel or nad.

Well i would think it's been proven all amps do not sound the same and it's been proven fact. And it actually blows my mind peaple think they all sound the same. Proof? Well some amplifiers are known to clip with lower ohm speakers, proof their the quality is not up to snuff. Also it's very evident in home theater receivers that they do all not sound the same. Every amplifier made by different companys all sound differnt to some degree. Obviously you wont win any competitions running KRACO amplifiers for SQ. And moms kenwood or sony receiver wont be on the level of SQ as a rotel or nad.
PLEASE do not get into this with Squeak. If you really want to know his views on this just do a search. And I can't imagine anything that you (or anyne else) has to say will influence his opinions at all.

How many times have you debated this now Squeak?

PLEASE do not get into this with Squeak. If you really want to know his views on this just do a search. And I can't imagine anything that you (or anyne else) has to say will influence his opinions at all.
You will fail at any attempt to alter squeaks opinion about anything, he is very stubborn in his views, however strongly I disagree with some of them, and I respect that.

Im not trying to debate but i would like to hear his views. Maybe he treats amp watts like horsepower, as long as both amps put out the same watts it will=the same performance. I treat amps like mufflers though, they all have distinct characteristics, but you do need revealing speakers to tell the difference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I know i would not run hifonics amps for SQ. But for subwoofers they pound. Just like i would not run A/D/S for subwoofer duty. Imo the best sytems run different amps for the given purpose. Might not look pretty not being matched, but that the way to go imo.

Not to stray to much off topic, theirs no doubt dynaudio are great speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I personally can tell a differece in amps. I had Alpine at one time and now have US Amps. My music sounds different in a good way. Everything else was the same except for the amps. And once again, I love my dyn's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Seriously. You literally took the words right out of my mouth.

That is exactly what my post was going to say.

Could not have recapped it any better myself.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

My views on the subject are very clearly stated in dozens of threads throughout the forum.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif

Lastly, I'm not going to turn this into a 20 page thread regarding amplifier sonics as that was not the intent of the thread. Hence the reason my original comment was extremely brief.

We could both discuss it until we are blue in the face...likely with neither of us convincing the other that our point of view is any more correct.

If you absolutely must know....feel free to PM me, and I'll gladly direct you to some of the previous discussions regarding the matter.

Seriously. You literally took the words right out of my mouth.
That is exactly what my post was going to say.

Could not have recapped it any better myself.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

My views on the subject are very clearly stated in dozens of threads throughout the forum.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif

Lastly, I'm not going to turn this into a 20 page thread regarding amplifier sonics as that was not the intent of the thread. Hence the reason my original comment was extremely brief.

We could both discuss it until we are blue in the face...likely with neither of us convincing the other that our point of view is any more correct.

If you absolutely must know....feel free to PM me, and I'll gladly direct you to some of the previous discussions regarding the matter.
That's squeak's secret code for "use the search no0bx!"

No Squeak, you forget that some amps are sprinkled with the Magical Faerie Dust of Engineering. They're, ehem, Special Amps. They have 10x the SQ factor.

What's this? You've never heard of SQ Factor? You have to hold the amp manual very close to your ears. Then, if and only if you have golden ears, the manual will whisper to you the magical spec, SQ Factor.

In case you're wondering, Hifonics is far inferior to say, Adcom. Adcoms have an SQ Factor of like 10,000.

But seriously, Dynaudios are great speakers. Very laid back, but still very detailed. Can't go wrong with them, but in case you haven't put the money down just yet and are looking at other options, you may want to consider DLS and Morel. They both use similar technology (and at various points, all were related). I personally like Morels a bit more, but I haven't heard any of Dynaudios new revisions (are those out yet?) My Dynaudio experience is with their home audio stuff. CSUFlyboy at ECA knows more about Dynaudio drivers than most and he's definitely a good guy to talk to if you're considering going down that road.

Not related, but in a similar vein, you might also want to consider AVI.

Either way, all are great speakers in their own right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kclup

kclup
Malaysia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
azbass