Dynamat question

johnyboy_10138
10+ year member

I have a 2004 Ram 2500. I have my exhaust ran up through my bed and spitting out the smoke behind my rear glass.

I have 36 square feet.left, I have done one door. I plan on doing all the doors and then dont know what to do after that. I have resonance coming from the exhaust at certain driving conditions. So I think that the flat panel behind the rear seats and maybe the roof could be important. I will get more dynamat as money allows.

I am really trying to just try to keep down the noise.

Any suggestions.

With my vette, I did doors first and then work back to front (including firewall) and leave the roof until last (if you want to do the roof).

When you do the floor maybe double layer over the cats.

Thanks for the reply.

haha, i dont have a cat.

But when doing the doors, Is it very important to get the inside panel of the door (the one that is the actually divides the inside and outside)?

When doing the floor, is it ok to use like a residential peel and seal product?

But when doing the doors, Is it very important to get the inside panel of the door (the one that is the actually divides the inside and outside)?
When doing the floor, is it ok to use like a residential peel and seal product?

you want to put a layer on the inside of the outer skin and the inside of the inner skin.

000_3717.jpg

100_0002.jpg

you get what you pay for. peel n seal is not a vibration control product. it is a roofing product. there are tons of threads about it so start searching.

what you need is an MLV product Mass Loaded Vinyl barrier to combat "Airborne noises" such as loud exhaust in your case......Dynamat is a vibration damper

I will looking into the mlv stuff.

why?? The same reason anyone puts an exhaust on their car, or runs a few thousand watt system, I like it.

Thanks for the info on installation guys.

I will looking into the mlv stuff.
why?? The same reason anyone puts an exhaust on their car, or runs a few thousand watt system, I like it.

Thanks for the info on installation guys.
No I mean, why did you run it up through the bed so it can "spit out the smoke" behind your rear glass? I need to see a pic to be sure but it sounds like it looks retarded.

I understand why people want to put different exhausts on (though I'll never do it myself because I think it's stupid).

The truck is a diesel. I like the way it looks coming up through the bed. I trailer my jeep, and I am getting a boat soon. With the exhaust coming out under the rear pump, it dumps the soot out on the jeep and boat. The soot is acidic and can eat through the protective coat. It also makes the boat and jeep dirty.

DSC02298.jpg

This is the best picture i have of the truck as of now. My computer got some virus and the shop still has my external harddrive.

Im not a huge fan of stacks but yours looks good. Maybe if we turned the fuel pressure down we wouldnt need them though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Even with the programmer unloaded, so it is completely stock, it will blow smoke when under load. But all in all. I like they way they look, and that was the driving factor for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.