Dynamat Extreme or Damplifier Pro, what would you run?

Dynamat Extreme or Damplifier Pro?

• Dynamat Extreme

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Damplifier Pro

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
in all honesty, on any floor piece i would use the peel and seal from Lowes, cheap and effective. anything that is on a ceiling or sides i would use the dynamat or DP. just to save a few bucks.

If you are going to compare Second Skin products to Dynamic Control products, a better comparison would be:

Dynamat Extreme

&

Regular damplifier

Not Damplifier Pro

Dynamat Extreme and our regular Damplifier have very similar specs.

4 mil foil

.45 lbs psf

around the same thickness

If you compare Dynamat Extreme to Damplifier Pro, it is not an accurate match

Damplifier Pro

6.5 mil foil (black)

2mm total thickness

.6 lbs per sq ft.

Hope that helps!

ANT

I would get the dynamat.Just because I keep getting emails from second skin spamming my inbox, even though i unsubscribed from them twice. It's annoying.
Where are the emails coming from?

The Second Skin forum?

DIYMA? ROE? Second Skin web site?

Let me know and I'll get you off of the list. I'll need your email address though

ANT

on that site, it says softer aluminum? What?
Aluminum fomulas can be changed with different levels of magnesium or heat and other crap that as beyond my level of knowlege.

The stronger the foil the better the constraining it will provide.

In general, thicker is usually stronger, but foil firmness msut be compareable for that to be an accurate assumption.

10 mil thick soft foil might provide the same amount of damping performance as a 5 mil thick hard foil.

I think Ricks angle is that the product is easier to install because it is thinner and as wsuch, will cut your hands less..

ANT

Damp Pro...easy answer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...