Dynamat, brown bread, etc.

bumpinthanite
10+ year member

i like cars. a lot.
I want even better sound quality in my car, by use of deadener, so I'm thinking of dynamatting or something.

Now, I have two main questions. 1) If you only mat the trunk, will it still sound better? or will you notice, heavily, that the doors aren't matted or anything...like, if only the trunk is matted, will it "mismatch" the rest of the interior, sound-wise?

2) Is it difficult installing it yourself? what goes into it?

Thanks for any help guys.

I agree it's really pretty simple. And you don't need any weird exotic tools to install it. You also don't have to do the whole entire door either to start out with. Just put a piece directly behind the driver itself, on the door skin. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Whenever doing the doors remember to cover all of the holes, everything. On the trunk lid itself, I dont know what to tell you because mine fell down, BUT I didnt cleant the surface so that might have been the problem. You will be able to tell a difference though. I was thinking maybe a little but there was a big difference. Also I used second skin.

Whenever doing the doors remember to cover all of the holes, everything. On the trunk lid itself, I dont know what to tell you because mine fell down, BUT I didnt cleant the surface so that might have been the problem. You will be able to tell a difference though. I was thinking maybe a little but there was a big difference. Also I used second skin.
urs fell down? thats weird. i just put my edead on my trunk lid today. i just left the stuff in the sun for a while and put it on. That stuff is stuck there and isnt coming off.

Thanks a lot, guys. I guess my next question would be what brand I should get. I know that dynamat is expensive as hell, and there are other brands that are the same thing for cheaper...what type do you guys reccomend?

thanks again

=-=colin-=-

Thanks a lot, guys. I guess my next question would be what brand I should get. I know that dynamat is expensive as hell, and there are other brands that are the same thing for cheaper...what type do you guys reccomend?
thanks again

=-=colin-=-
Brown Bread, eDead, Second Skin ... they'll all work.

- Steve

urs fell down? thats weird. i just put my edead on my trunk lid today. i just left the stuff in the sun for a while and put it on. That stuff is stuck there and isnt coming off.

Yeap, it may have been because I didnt take my time because it was before a comp, or that I didnt clean the surface, but it was a trunk lid should not be entirely to dirty. It sagged in the middle though, also it may have been there was not enough surface area for it to stick on so it couldnt support the weight.

http://www.secondskinaudio.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.