Dual battery setup

For the OP's level of power, a chassis ground on the back battery is fine.
However, there have been tests that have shown that a piece of 1/0 wire is MORE conductive than the chassis of a car, which is made of steel (which is FAR less conductive than copper) and lots of welds.

If you plan on running big power, grounds to the front battery/alternator(s) is a must.
^^^^either way, BOTH batteries HAVE to be grounded out to chassis. Regardless of whether or not the flow of electricity goes from battery #1 to chassis or to battery #2, it will STILL have to go to chassis eventually.

^^^^either way, BOTH batteries HAVE to be grounded out to chassis. Regardless of whether or not the flow of electricity goes from battery #1 to chassis or to battery #2, it will STILL have to go to chassis eventually.
please elaborate....you seem to know some sort of dc wiring i have never heard of

cause i was almost sure you could take all your car audio stuff and hook it straight to a battery without even having a car

When you take a look at high power applications, most guys will ground the rear batteries to the chassis then have 1-2 runs of 1/0 to the front battery and alternator. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When it comes to electrical, if it's worth doing, it's worth OVER-doing.

But to be technical, you don't HAVE to ground the rear battery to the chassis as long as you have it sufficiently grounded to the front battery (which is grounded to the chassis and engine).

^^^^^^well luckily I don't have a high power set up because just getting the one 0 gauge wire from the front to the back was a PITA. I had to drill into the rocker panels.

When you take a look at high power applications, most guys will ground the rear batteries to the chassis then have 1-2 runs of 1/0 to the front battery and alternator. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
When it comes to electrical, if it's worth doing, it's worth OVER-doing.

But to be technical, you don't HAVE to ground the rear battery to the chassis as long as you have it sufficiently grounded to the front battery (which is grounded to the chassis and engine).
what i was getting at was he was saying it wouldnt work at all without a chasis ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.