dual 8w7's enclosure

Its only doubled baffeled, the 3rd layer is purely cosmetic for a flusher look. Maybe you wanna look a wee bit closer...
I knew the 3rd was flush, but it's still 3 layers all the way and 2 where the subs mount...just not necessary, they're 8" subs not monster 15's.

I knew the 3rd was flush, but it's still 3 layers all the way and 2 where the subs mount...just not necessary, they're 8" subs not monster 15's.
Its not necessary to you, but then again its not your box!

Your opinion is your opinion, we all have one, even if we only talking about 1/2 sheet of wood! (maybe)

If I wanted a big stupid 15, I could have had that as well. But I guess calling 15's stupid is my opinion..

guess you can find fault in anything if you look hard enough...

Thanks for the insightful input bro.

Its not necessary to you, but then again its not your box!
Your opinion is your opinion, we all have one, even if we only talking about 1/2 sheet of wood! (maybe)

If I wanted a big stupid 15, I could have had that as well. But I guess calling 15's stupid is my opinion..

guess you can find fault in anything if you look hard enough...

Thanks for the insightful input bro.
Getting a little defensive? I'm stating that the double baffle with a third to flush mount is not needed for a pair of 8W7's, especially when it's a relatively long and skinny baffle...there's no denying that, it's just not necessary. Baffle stability would no be an issue with a single mounting baffle and a flush baffle. The only way it would be necessary is if you were worried about the subs stripping screws out of a single sheet of plywood, which in this case, would not be an issue. I'm more worried about if the builder told you that it WAS necessary to have 3 layers in order to charge you more for the build.

Can you tell me why it IS necessary? What exactly are you benefiting from having three layers as opposed to two? Why did the builder recommend it(if he did)?

Not defensive at all, just wondering why you care so much?

No, Mike @ AmiCreations did exactly what I asked him to do! And Im wise enough not to let anyone talk me into anythng to jack the $$$, its a pure buyers market on any service @ the moment. Futhermore, why are you so concerned at what I paid?

Frankly he undercharged me for this piece, considering he has a price list for size and other upgrades that he did/does. Before he started this build I started a thread "whats this worth" and all the feedback was $300+ for his design and build, lets just say I paid nowhere near that!

No, I did not want a single baffel, I wanted double, and countersunk just like I got. I should have it single b/c you said so?

Dayum dude I guess a single .75' thick peice of Birch bothers you that much, maybe I should trash the whole enclosure.. Must be a slow day on caraudio.com...

Are you jealous of Mikes work?

BTW, to answer your question its necessary b/c thats what I wanted, hows that!

Not defensive at all
The rest of your post says otherwise.

just wondering why you care so much?
No, Mike @ AmiCreations did exactly what I asked him to do! And Im wise enough not to let anyone talk me into anythng to jack the $$$, its a pure buyers market on any service @ the moment. Futhermore, why are you so concerned at what I paid?

Frankly he undercharged me for this piece, considering he has a price list for size and other upgrades that he did/does. Before he started this build I started a thread "whats this worth" and all the feedback was $300+ for his design and build, lets just say I paid nowhere near that!

No, I did not want a single baffel, I wanted double, and countersunk just like I got. I should have it single b/c you said so?

Dayum dude I guess a single .75' thick peice of Birch bothers you that much, maybe I should trash the whole enclosure.. Must be a slow day on caraudio.com...

Are you jealous of Mikes work?

BTW, to answer your question its necessary b/c thats what I wanted, hows that!

You're still avoiding the points and questions I was asking. I asked how are you benefiting from it over a standard flush mount style and all you came up with is that's how you wanted it...which is fine, but it still isn't answering why it needed to be that way, period. Because it simply doesn't.

I'm confused on the "trash the whole enclosure" comment...makes no sense. Apparently a single plywood baffle bothers you, which would make your statement true for yourself, and not for me.

I'm not jealous of Mike's work. I realize he does great work, better than what I can do as far as finishing and little details like flush mounting go. Other than that, building a box is building a box; once you can make a solid box it's the finishing details that really set them apart...which I really don't care to do for myself.

I'll be patiently waiting your over-aggressive response.

A thicker box or baffle is 100% always better if it doesn't create a space issue. I'm sure you'd consider it overkill to fill the walls of your car will cement, but some people do that. Thicker is always better, And it allows for much less vibration born noise from the baffle= I bet it sounds like sex.

Leave people alone how bout?

Op, sick box!

A thicker box or baffle is 100% always better if it doesn't create a space issue. I'm sure you'd consider it overkill to fill the walls of your car will cement, but some people do that. Thicker is always better, And it allows for much less vibration born noise from the baffle= I bet it sounds like sex.
Leave people alone how bout?

Op, sick box!
But a triple baffle for a pair of 8's...really?

And the cement serves a purpose, I fail to see how a third baffle would be any less audible than a double baffle(or even a well braced single baffle in this case). I'd understand doing two baffles because he wanted the flush mount look, but three is just not needed. I highly doubt he was thinking about keeping baffle resonance to a minimum whenever deciding to do three.

But a triple baffle for a pair of 8's...really?
And the cement serves a purpose, I fail to see how a third baffle would be any less audible than a double baffle(or even a well braced single baffle in this case). I'd understand doing two baffles because he wanted the flush mount look, but three is just not needed. I highly doubt he was thinking about keeping baffle resonance to a minimum whenever deciding to do three.
Maybe not, but i'm like, who cares? Its better, not worse, even if the difference is marginal.

And those little 8's are some heavy and excursive fvckers, btw

Maybe not, but i'm like, who cares? Its better, not worse, even if the difference is marginal.
And those little 8's are some heavy and excursive fvckers, btw
I don't care if it's three or not. I simply gave my opinion on the box(after saying it looked nice), which was "three is not needed" and got chastised for it even though someone else said the same thing. The OP started coming on the offensive and trying to make some sort of point(while insulting my ability to see, apparently...even though it is a triple baffle, the subs are just mounted the two of them); all he had to say was that he wanted it that way and it would have been over. He was the argumentative one from the get go, I just went along with it because it was fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.