DSS Ethos 18"

93_Az_TransAm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So after i get the HDS310s and the SKAR 4500.1 imna work on getting a DSS Ethos 18" and talk with CSCStang about building me a box a littl taller than mine with aero ports to hopfully net me 4.5 or 5 cu ft

My question is how much can this beast handle daily? Im assuming the 1800rms rating is set very conservatively but im not familiar with these.

Anyone run a single and give it more than rated daily?

U would be louder and less likely to blow sonething with a pair of 12s..highly doubt it can handle a 4500 daily
Yea but ive always wanted an 18" and this one can fit in my car lol i wouldnt be running it at 1 ohm probably 2 or 4 ohm but if it cant handle it then i can always get a diff amp

It said im not permitted to register on that forum lol i mailed the support

In a 5 cubic feet box tuned to 30, it will eat up all the power you can throw at it. Every last bit of that 4500. Guys on caco are running 15k on 4 15s and say they can handle more. Handles an ampere TFE at .5 ohm on burps on taylor fades termlab run with a single 12 hitting a 157.8

In a 5 cubic feet box tuned to 30, it will eat up all the power you can throw at it. Every last bit of that 4500. Guys on caco are running 15k on 4 15s and say they can handle more. Handles an ampere TFE at .5 ohm on burps on taylor fades termlab run with a single 12 hitting a 157.8
**** lol thats what i wanna hear thanks man

I was thinking aero ports to hopefully be able to fit it idk imna talk to Stang later today and see if theres any way i really want to make this work as a comp set up and start getting into them or might just make it permanent if box will be that big as ill probably have to take the front seats out just to get it in

I would highly doubt that thing would handle 4.5k clamped for anything more than a burp. You're in Trident territory for music.

Yea but ive always wanted an 18" and this one can fit in my car lol i wouldnt be running it at 1 ohm probably 2 or 4 ohm but if it cant handle it then i can always get a diff amp
Why wouldn't you simply turn it down?

I would highly doubt that thing would handle 4.5k clamped for anything more than a burp. You're in Trident territory for music.

lol he said giving it more than rated on his skar 4.5k which will definitely not do 4.5k clamped after rise unless wired very low nominally. Most he'll see on music after rise is 2k-2.5k wired to 1 ohm.

What do ypu mean by trident territory?

Lol that is true i cpuld do that i never thought about it, once i get to that point ill certainly be asking queations about that.

So say the ethos wired to 2 ohm on the skar 4500 would see maaybe 2900rms so if i juat turned down the gain then it would be fine for daily? I would have 4 bolts on the box as to be able to change the imp of the sub without taking it out if i am able to get to a comp to try it out

What do ypu mean by trident territory?
Lol that is true i cpuld do that i never thought about it, once i get to that point ill certainly be asking queations about that.

So say the ethos wired to 2 ohm on the skar 4500 would see maaybe 2900rms so if i juat turned down the gain then it would be fine for daily? I would have 4 bolts on the box as to be able to change the imp of the sub without taking it out if i am able to get to a comp to try it out
I'd give it the full 1 ohm man. After rise, you'll see 2 ohm power. You'll have head room for the sub.

I was thinking aero ports to hopefully be able to fit it idk imna talk to Stang later today and see if theres any way i really want to make this work as a comp set up and start getting into them or might just make it permanent if box will be that big as ill probably have to take the front seats out just to get it in
I googled up your car and I dont really see too much interior space man, you might only be able to fit a 15 without doing a full blown wall

I'd give it the full 1 ohm man. After rise, you'll see 2 ohm power. You'll have head room for the sub.

I googled up your car and I dont really see too much interior space man, you might only be able to fit a 15 without doing a full blown wall
Lol yea it wpuld be tight as hell but right now my box is 4 cu ft after port and sub displacements im sure the 18 might have more displacement than the 3 10s but i cant imagine it would be by much plus if i go to aeros probably be 5 or 6 if that is possible to spund good and have the sticking out most of the way so only a little of it is in the box and i have the new box say 4" taller which would give me if calculations are right about 7.5 cu ft before displacements but thats with the wood thickness calculated in so thats 2.5 cu ft for displacement and aero ports i dont know alot about it but that seems like alot

Measure your max length x width x height man you really cant gauge it by eye nor do you know how to do proper port calculations lol.
I know that wasnt with port calculations i know i can go 4" higher on my dimentions i have for my current box i used a calculator online that added in the thickness of the wood but then again thats not counting double or tripple baffle

But it wasnt an educated calculation just something i tryed online while i was at lunch lol im sol when it comes to me trying to design a ported box lol

36" wide, 22" deep, 20 1/2" tall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.