DSR-1 review, the love hate relationship

I had similar issues with my DSR1 too. I recommend a better DSP such as the JL Twk too and I’ve had the DSR1 and own 2 Twk’s and a Fix 86. JL software is better designed and more user friendly in my opinion.
There is also Mini DSP, which I have no experience with but I hear is the budget champ in the DSP world and it can have its settings directly loaded with REW auto EQ, a major plus in my mind. If you keep plugging away at the DSR1 it will do what any DSP can do but it will be a frustrating affair getting there. I did aquire mine back in November 2017 so maybe Rockford has ironed out some of the software bugs and you just need to update the DSR1. Let’s face it, it’s a $250 DSP and in that price range it’s not going to be on par with the $500 + DSP’s.
I agree to some extent, however I expect it to fully work. Not just fail right out of the box.

Even the PPI 88R DSP I had took less time to get fully functional than this.

This is extremely limited and I'm disappointed. Had I not just gotten a new phone I wouldn't be able to use this AT ALL. My iPad mini one won't work with their app, nor will my note 4 (still one of the most powerful phones and its four years old).

They need to fix this, bottom line.

has anyone gotten the bluetooth to actually work on this stupid thing? it took an hour of just turning **** on and off and updating firmware to get it to even recognize it existed, and now i cant write ANYTHING to it because it says the bluetooth disconnected as soon as it opens the main page. pretty ridiculous if you ask me
I got you man , give me a few min I will pm you I figured it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got you man , give me a few min I will pm you I figured it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have gotten past what you PM says to no avail, it's a different error..

Well, similar, but different

I'm an a**hole. Alright, Forrest kinda confirmed my suspicions, and the Maestro guy I talked to had a manual that apparently isn't public that helped as well.

Maestro confirmed that my power supply was causing the DSR1 to go into protect and flash a Red LED. 9-16v is the operating range for these. Flashing red LED is overvoltage.

Second, Forrest tested himself, and found that you HAVE to have it connected to power for it to fully power up. The usb power is only for flashing firmware and updating it.

I went to power it up in my vehicle and HOLY **** it worked. Huge sigh of relief.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jeffdachef

5,000+ posts
Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Jeffdachef
South Coast Metro, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies