DSL worth it in my application?

Ok, I am starting a build on my 1961 impala convert as some may know from previous posts. Here is a quick rundown on what I have....

Pioneer avh6600dvd

Audison Voce 1.1 tweets and 6.5 kids in kicks

Audison Voce av5.1k amp running active to the front

Two JL 10TW3 subs

Stinger 6000 series interconnects

All knukonceptz wiring

Possibly running rear coax 3.5 rock fords in the back just for rear fill in the back seat.

Now with it being a convert will a sound processor be that noticeable and worth the cost?

If so what is a decent affordable unit?

A processor is always a good investment. Even more so when high end equipment is involved.
yes, i agree.

if your spending all that on good speakers then ya get a dsp.

also the install of the speakers will count also. getting to doors sealed/deaden ect...

Ok, I am starting a build on my 1961 impala convert as some may know from previous posts. Here is a quick rundown on what I have....
Pioneer avh6600dvd

Audison Voce 1.1 tweets and 6.5 kids in kicks

Audison Voce av5.1k amp running active to the front

Two JL 10TW3 subs

Stinger 6000 series interconnects

All knukonceptz wiring

Possibly running rear coax 3.5 rock fords in the back just for rear fill in the back seat.

Now with it being a convert will a sound processor be that noticeable and worth the cost?

If so what is a decent affordable unit?
Depends on what you think is worth it. Audiophiles spend thousands of dollars on things a lot of other people wouldn't drop a dime on. You have nice stuff, so I think you wanted to hear a difference. Question now is whether you want the MS-8 or you want to do it yourself. If you don't think you can appreciate it, you can just install all the stuff you have and try it out for a bit. If something's missing, then look into the DSP.

A DSP needs a good tuner to make it worthwhile. Are you doing the installation yourself? You have an excellent sound quality-oriented shop not far from you if you want a suggestion.

From my experiences and observations there is a general priority order list as far as sound improvement. It's not to say one can be completely disregarded, they are all very important.

Install > DSP > Equipment

It may switch up a bit especially if you have an active capable head unit currently (which I don't think yours has that capability) and depends on how your current equipment stacks up. ie very crappy or blown stock/low end brands.

A dsp opens up a whole another level. It will either be a very frustrating or rewarding piece of equipment due to the moderate level of complexity. Also something to keep in mind if you want to use a dsp, other than an MS8 you're likely looking at another $100 for a calibrated mic to tune with unless you happen to find someone letting you borrow one or pay someone else money to tune your system for you which you may or may not like the final product.

Bottom line I don't think you will fully unlock the potential of your particular equipment without a DSP, but not everyone is looking for the type of reproduction an audiophile seeks (or audiosnob depending on how you look at it). You may be perfectly happy with your setup without a DSP. The nice thing about a DSP is one can be added to most any install without too much trouble. I vote install everything correctly and if you are unhappy make the jump to DSP.

Ok so it seems like it's a good idea to have one. But maybe worth trying like most have mentioned installing the system and seeing how it sounds.

I know they obviously make a difference but my concern was if with it being a convertible (which I have been told it's hard to get good sound out of with no roof) if a Dsp would make a big difference.

What would be a good one if I go that route? Audison bit ten, one? MS-8?

if thats the only reason you want one, then its not a good idea .

with a convertible you need good speaker, good power and proper aiming of them speakers.

and sound deadening, so you hear the sound and not your car.

and that if you like driving with the top down a lot.

so i say get it all hooked up and see what you think.

Ok so it seems like it's a good idea to have one. But maybe worth trying like most have mentioned installing the system and seeing how it sounds.
I know they obviously make a difference but my concern was if with it being a convertible (which I have been told it's hard to get good sound out of with no roof) if a Dsp would make a big difference.

What would be a good one if I go that route? Audison bit ten, one? MS-8?
I had a bit before. Different setup and car but it took some time, a lot of time to get it right.

I went MS-8 this time and it was better right out of the box, way better after I got some time with it.

People that like to tweak don't like the MS-8, what I've come to learn is once it's right you don't need to tweak anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.