Drilling into MDF

Participant count
  • Participant list

All_Logix
10+ year member

Formerly CivicGTi
Texas
So because of the way my sub and trunk space worked out...I have a sub with 14 5/8" outer diameter and a trunk clearance of 15" I have considered building the box 15" and predrilling the screw holes because they will be going into the 3/4 MDF on the edges of the enclosure...has anyone ever done this? Is it a bad idea? If this doesn't work I'm going to have to face the sub upward

dude, build a wedge box, mount the sub in the angled piece since it will be longer, no need for indescribable and complex construction methods.

What sub has a 14 5/8" outside diameter?

And just change thw way your panels are laid out so the front is a full piece, and always predrill your holes in MDF.

What sub has a 14 5/8" outside diameter?

And just change thw way your panels are laid out so the front is a full piece, and always predrill your holes in MDF.
all i know that has a pretty big diameter like that are the older memphis mojo's..

it's a JBL power series, that's not a bad idea SPY, I might do that but I think I am going to try a raised wedge first and see what happens

This. Just make the front 15" tall x however wide so you have to cut the port opening out of the front piece as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.