Drawing Program?

Participant count
  • Participant list

travisx01
10+ year member

US
I am searching for a program that I can draw/design a box for my friends 2 L5 12's for the trunk of his 97 monte carlo, I have Qcad but would much rather find something else preferable freeware. Possibly something I can add the deminsions to also. Something more sophisticated than paint(on windows) but not to sophisticated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hmm, for all of my designs i use a program called Gmax... A toned down version of 3D studio Max. You can get it as freeware from discreet's website http://www.discreet.com. It really isn't desighn for this use but i find it just as easy to use this program than any other program. In order to get the cut sheet you will need a paint program capable of taking screen shots at high resolution. I use either JASC Paint shop pro 6 i think or Arcsoft Photostudio 2000 SE ( came with my computer ). It's pretty easy to learn Gmax but any background in 3D studio max helps. If you do decide to use Gmax just go to the website in my signature and email me so i can send you the square sub model so that you don't have to go through and make it. It takes a while before you learn how to do all that.

I use Viso, to layout each surface of the box... Then I can print them out, cut them out and fold them to look like a real 3D model...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.