Downsizing trucks.... Downsizing subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

NickPSI
10+ year member

I currently drive a 95 suburban. I have a 15" L7 which is only powered by 720ish watts, but sounds perfect for me. The box is 4.5 cubes so it is somewhat large, but still takes up little to no room in the truck. I have inherited an 03 Kia Sorento SUV which is obviously more economical, and much much nicer than the beat old burb. The problem now is that I have to retain cargo space in the new vehicle because It will be used to haul the family on long trips and/or have a stroller or baby swing in the back.

Long story short: Is there even a 10 or 12 inch driver I can use that will sound as loud/good (as good as l7s get anyways) as my l7 does at 720 watts in a smaller box? I have never heard a beefy 10 or 12 before (newb) so I don't know what to look at.

will be tough to lose 3" in surface area at the same power and retain the same level of bass.

that being said, you will need to either upgrade the amp or live with the lower bass output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.