dont use wood glue to seal?

It does expand quite a bit, but I have never had any problems with alignment of panels. There are many choices of glues to use and they all basically do the same thing. If you screw your panels together there should not be any problems with the expansion of the gorilla glue, at least not that I have had.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
No.

Gorilla glue isn't close to a wood glue. Any woodglue will usually be better than a polyurethane glue such as Gorrila or Elmers PolyPower. Both are strong, but are merely adhesives (the wood is just stuck together, versus bonded together like wood glue). I'm using Titebond I right now to see how I like it.
That glue works real good as well.

i used the Titebond II on my enclosure. It worked really well. I used Gorilla glue to mount the last board (the bottom). I did that because there was a slight imperfection that was on one of the edges and I wanted to make sure that it was filled. I predrilled all my holes first and as the glue was still wet, I fastened the board with screws. I trimmed the excess glue that oozed in the drying process on the outside of the box. I dont think I will be putting down any caulk on the inside tho.

is Titebond a more expensive wood glue or does it cost the same as other brands? where wouldi get it?
Most popular general wood glue brand. They make I, II and III. I have the jug version of II as I use it so much. III is good, but it takes FOREVER to dry. I is good as well, but it dries too quickly and flaky.

You can buy two bottles of Titebond for one 8 oz bottle of Gorilla glue. It's horribly expensive.

i used guerilla glue once, never again, its just too much of a pain to get off if you get some on you, plus it stained my fingers for a couple days (guess i should have read all the directions)

The glue comes with an AK-47 these days?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i used guerilla glue once, never again, its just too much of a pain to get off if you get some on you, plus it stained my fingers for a couple days (guess i should have read all the directions)

plus people end up useing to much of it, and it just expands the seams

alright guys thanks for the responses...for some reason i thought i was supposed to REPLACE the glue with silicon caulk...now i know....use glue to hold it and use silicon caulk to fill in the cracks from the inside
Just a note here - for those using wood glue to fill gaps inside of their enclosures, make sure that the glue has gap filling properties ...

From what I have learned you should use Titebond, because MDF is made from glue and like a saw dust I believe ( correct me if I am wrong). But the wood glue will have like a bond to make it as it is one piece just how mdf is made.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.