Dont know what to do to amp my rear deck speakers, new to audio, need a little assist

Participant count
  • Participant list

aives245

So i have two kicker KS693 6x9's in my rear deck, and when i turn the volume up moderatly loud the mids and treble starts to distort pretty badly, so i was thinking that powering with an amp would possibly help that right?..but regardless i want to get an amp anyways cuz i want to get some new 6.5 for my doors and power all 4 speakers in my car.. any opinions?

Each speaker has a max of 300 watts, and peak rms of 100, if that means anything..but it shouldnt distort if its only being powered by a head unit shouldnt it?

most headunits (all cheaper ones) have very small underpowered amps inside of them and distort badly when turned up loud.

A decent 4 channel amp like a MB Quart would help much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.