Does Enclosure Depth matter

JayRich
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Richmond, VA
I'm looking to have a sealed enclosure made for a 15 titanium sw9152 woofer that I will be getting this friday and wondered if the depth of the box makes a difference. I was going for between 2.0-2.3 cu ft sealed, and wanted it to take up as little space in my coupe as possible, and wanted it more wide than deep, with that said, will the shallow depth affect the output or low end extension from the speaker?If anyone has any input it would be appreciated

The depth shouldn't affect the sound quality assuming all other things are equal such as interior net volume and the enclosure's rigidity. Just make sure that the enclosure is deep enough to fit that magnet in there without hitting the rear of the enclosure.

If the sub has no pole vent you can mount the sub right to the back of the box.
700th post too ftw.
Just wondering...but what if it does have a pole vent? How much space should I leave in between?

Thanks. I'm in the middle of planning my new box out as well, and I'm actually trying to do a slim box like the OP. My OZ ME 10" has a mounting depth of about 6.5". So if my box is 9.5 deep, using 3/4 mdf, that would leave about 2+" behind the pole. Is that sufficient enough?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.