does anyone want to test their box designing skills?

954runner
10+ year member

just bumpin my music
Dallas, TX
i don't have $$$ for this (its for a friend) so if you want to help out it would have to be for free.

my friend drives an older Jeep Cherokee 2dr so this is an suv. inbetween the wheel-wells is 40". from the floor to the top of the seats is 18", and he wants to keep its relatively shallow (~7" internal depth).

the sub is a 13kv.2 which has a 5.75" mounting depth.

eD recommends 1.0 cft sealed, and 1.8 cft ported tuned to 35 Hz.

i'm thinking something like (internal dims) 37"width x 15" high x 7" deep, tuned to 30 Hz.

would someone be interested in designing a box for us? we're building it tomorrow. i still haven't grasped the concept of designing ported boxes, but sealed i can do. so if nobody can help w a ported box we will just do sealed.

thanks!

What's the challenge???

Use the width you have and make the depth so the back of the subwoofer has 3/4" clearance off the interior back of the enclosure, once you know the working depth, bring the height down to get the volume needed. Easy and simple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.