Tampa, FL
Doing this build for a friend.

3 Fi BTL 18s

3 Crescendo 3ks

10 Batteries

Powerbass 4XL 6s

Crescendo 4ch

Pioneer D3

Figured everyone does 2 18s, 4 18s, 4 15s, etc. Thought seeing a big 3 sub setup would be different. Box is a bandpass tuned low for slowed down music. Its his daily, just trying to make it an eye catches with some wheels and a big system. Has 26s. 28s should be on soon.

1-13.jpg

3-10.jpg

5-3.jpg

10-2.jpg

13-2.jpg

15-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

20.jpg

kecca0.jpg

Got it in the truck. Port is just screwed down. Not even a perfect seal, and not even glued down yet. Theres still a section about a foot wide where you can see right into the bed next to the port we need to block off since we couldnt cut through the vent there.

Basically its just a hole in the truck with the box sitting in the bed right now. Just got it hooked up temporarily off a Crescendo 4ch. Everything is wired up, sitting at around 5ohm bridged. The subs literally dont even move yet. If you crawl in and stick your head right next to the sub you cant even see the logos shaking at all. Im guessing around 100w a sub? Either way its still loud for almost no power. As it is it can sort of do a small hairtrick. Standing in the doorway it was blowing my hair and shirt around pretty good. Flexes the whole truck. Cant wait to get the three amps in and see it with literally 40x the power it has now.

Vid with 100w a sub.

Ill take some tomorrow. Its got some threaded rod inside for bracing.

This is one of my "guess" boxes. No graphing, charting, plugging in parameters, etc. Just built what I knew would work.

Ill take some tomorrow. Its got some threaded rod inside for bracing.
This is one of my "guess" boxes. No graphing, charting, plugging in parameters, etc. Just built what I knew would work.
Out of curiosity, how do you determine what Vf, Vr, and Fb will work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt. I have built bandpasses for BTL 18s before with great results. So I just went off that.
Can I ask what the specs are? I blindly hopped into a parallel tuned 6th order for my first BP and got my ass handed to me, didn't even meter it because it was worthless. I've always wanted to try a 4th order BP with my old school Assassin 10 since it won't take up a lot of space. And as a Dodge 4-door owner this build is quite intriguing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.