Dodge guys..i got a question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

billabongcr
5,000+ posts

Yep
Florida
alright..i took off my door panel to replace my components..ive had a set of kicker ks6.2's sittin in my room for a few months figured they are better in the truck than on the shelf..so i pulled the door apart, got everything taken apart and went to wire the speakers in and it has this little connector? its a gray square connector and the stock mid just plugs into it.

what the **** do i do with this thing? naturally the kicker components dont have this dodge connector..and i dont know how to get around it. my first thought was to cut the connector off and use the (what im guessing) is + and - wires running into the back of it and just hook into them manually. then i thought i should check with yall first..see what anybody had to say.

this is my first time putting in components..and i dont want to **** it up.

i have a 02 dodge dakota extended cab..and does anyone know what size stock mids are in the back? manual doesnt say.

dont make fun. first time. i want to do it right.

right on. pretty much everything i was thinking. and the 2 wires going into the connector are labeled, one has a black stripe, one doesnt. so im set on which ones which.

and wheres a good place to mount the crossovers in the door? to the inside of the door skin? glue?

dont cut the connection plug, buy the 5 dollar harnesses at best buy or run new speaker wire from your amp. dads got a 98 dakota, same thing, he mounted the x/o on a block and then glued the block to the inside of the door

If you have a factory tweeter, then you probably have an Infinity system with a factory amp. If you're wiring in components you'll need to bypass the factory amp. Running new wire might be the easiest way to go, but if you bypass the amp and use the stock speaker wire you can mount the crossovers in the cabin instead of the door. It's always a good idea to keep the crossovers out of the doors, where possible.

i know for a fact i dont have an Infinity system, or a factory amp. after i install my components my system will be complete.

and thanks for the recommendations yall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.