Do you have to buy a new wiring harness when you replace your stock h/u?

When I replaced my hu, I did not HAVE to but a wiring harness, but chose to anyway. I did this for the simple reason of not having to cut up the stock harness so that if I decide to sell my car one day, I can plug the stock hu straight into the wiring harness and be good to go.

replace a stock headunit with an aftermarket one? yes. Replacing a stock headunit with another stocker? no.

dude you've bumped 4 times in a half hour, and you're questions are part of car audio basics. do a google search, no one's gonna spoon feed you...

dude you've bumped 4 times in a half hour, and you're questions are part of car audio basics. do a google search.
i dont have the time to look all that stuff up right now..I just figured they were quick answers.

That looks almost like my hu. Do you currently have RCA cables? Are you running sub stage only? If so, you will only need one set of RCA's to run from the hu to your amp, and the amp wiring(batt to amp, amp to ground).

That looks almost like my hu. Do you currently have RCA cables? Are you running sub stage only? If so, you will only need one set of RCA's to run from the hu to your amp, and the amp wiring(batt to amp, amp to ground).
not sure what sub stage means..but yes I already have rca cables running from my stock h/u to my amp and all the rest of that stuff.

If you have the RCA's running from your hu to your amp and power + remote to your amp, all that is left is just hooking your sub up to your amp. Not sure if you have a wiring kit for your amp or not, but make sure you have your power wire from the battery fused.

not sure what sub stage means..but yes I already have rca cables running from my stock h/u to my amp and all the rest of that stuff.
... man, you need allot of help... you still got my number from the pm is so send me a text... i can come by and help you with this next week. we can discuss terms..

for your car and knowledge, yes get a wiring harness

it can be done without one but you have to do some extra things, just buy the harness so you can keep the chime accessory

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ccab

10+ year member
For The Horde!
ccab
Southern Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date