Do you have experience with the RF P300-10?

Participant count
  • Participant list

1995Tercel
10+ year member

SW Utah
I'm looking at this setup to complete my budget build... It almost exactly fits my available dimensions.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43397_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P300-10.html

Many songs I like have bass that is all under 35hz. Does this disqualify the P300-10 since it has a frequency response of 35-150 Hz? Im not looking for loud, just looking for good clarity that can be heard over road noise on the highway.

Vehicle is a 2000 Honda Insight, location is behind the battery pack, under the package shelf, and above the spare tire.

Thank you

I'm looking at this setup to complete my budget build... It almost exactly fits my available dimensions.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43397_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P300-10.html

Many songs I like have bass that is all under 35hz. Does this disqualify the P300-10 since it has a frequency response of 35-150 Hz? Im not looking for loud, just looking for good clarity that can be heard over road noise on the highway.

Vehicle is a 2000 Honda Insight, location is behind the battery pack, under the package shelf, and above the spare tire.

Thank you
It most likely means that output below 35hz and above 150hz will probably drop off sharply due to crossover, amplifier and enclosure design.

IMO its a 10" punch in a sealed box... probably gonna leave you wanting more lows. I'd wager its punchy 45-70hz but just wont have the extension you're looking for. Personally, I'd recommend going with a ported enclosure.

You need a low tuned ported box if you want to pick up notes below 35hz. Sealed boxes roll off in the mid 50s and will small cone area like a 10 you likely won't feel anything below 40hz. The box is the most important part, you can use a cheap driver like the American Bass DX10 or Blaupunkt GBW101 and those will give you what you're looking for with a custom made ported box with 2cf tuned to 33hz. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.