Do I trust my installer and under power subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zerim
10+ year member

Utah
Hey guys, so I will be having a local shop install a system into my truck soon. The setup is as follows

Front - HAT imagines

Rear - HAT mirus

Subs - 2 DD 608's box has yet to be built but will be about 1.5cu and tuned around 33hz

Amp - here is where my question comes into play. The installer is recommending I run this amp.KS900.6*| Arc Audio now I don't mind this as I know the quality is there and my components would love it. However it only ends up giving my subs 275w a piece. They are rated 300-600. The installer assures me that with proper gain settings and the box this won't be an issue. However some things I have read claim that with smaller boxes it's better to have more power rather than less to the woofer. What do you guys think will I be ok running this amp??

If that's enough power to drive the subs to full excursion then you don't really need more power. If your installer really knows what they're doing, yes, you will be fine. It looks like you want a good sounding system, not an SPL system. Of course, even good equipment can sound bad without the proper attention to the installation and tuning.

Thanks Trumpet, I imagine it is enough power to achieve full excursion. Is there anyway to know this before hand just to be sure? I'm probably going to go with his recommendation just trying to understand it myself lol.

Thanks Trumpet, I imagine it is enough power to achieve full excursion. Is there anyway to know this before hand just to be sure? I'm probably going to go with his recommendation just trying to understand it myself lol.
If they're an authorized dealer for all of this equipment I'm inclined to tell you to trust them. There's a huge trend these days to put thousands of watts on subwoofers and I don't believe it's necessary at all for recreating bass that's balanced with the rest of the frequencies. Especially since the box is vented, I would expect plenty of output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.