distortion or not???

The_Pimp
10+ year member

Could this be distortion? i havbe a Pioneer deh-4400 hu 50by4 and the bass sounds like crap.. could this be the way it was wired in and pos and neg wire to the speakers is connected wrong?? let me know.. I also have Two 220 watt pioneer 6"9" speakers in back and they are connected right..

HELP...

every 6x9 i can think of has tweeters built in.....except maybe the crapy factory ones that dont....but other than that i have not heard of one's that dont.....so if you know of some....please enlighten us.....but just cause they have a tweeter on them does not mean they will not distort though...reason they distort is cause they cannot reproduce the bass sound at the power level they are being pushed at.....good luck

to settle you all down some i am getting a n amp to power the speakers cuz the deck cant do it alone. and thats why it sounds so bad alright.. and i getting a system for my car in two days..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.